or Connect

Posts by Zugzwang

I told him last night that his refusal to take responsibility for his and her relationship is going to be the death of ours...he says he has done nothing wrong and that he's ready to split up. If I won the lottery, I'd walk tomorrow, but we are deeply in debt and there is no way we could support two households at this time I have done nothing but work since I moved here 14 yrs ago and have no friend network to rely on, just 2 couples he and I have been friends with. I...
Wow- it's so good to know someone cares. To update, I am starting to earn money in my new career, YAY! Thanks for the money dances, two sales last week, 2k! We are no longer attempting to function as a family, I am protecting my daughter from having interaction with him. He ignores her and has not been home very much. I cannot just leave, as I have a home office and am known in our community- my income would go to zero. My plan is to excel at what I am doing and buy him...
TooLip and Abigail Grace, thanks for your "dances". Long pause, I am overwhelmed by your responses. Yes we have been doing counseling since 2005 after the Christmas his mother came to visit and they both ganged up on me for being a lousy mother (allowing my child to actually question/ negotiate with me). Yes she does stuff on purpose to piss him off but the point is even after it is pointed out to him that it's because of their bad relationship, he acts younger...
Thanks again to all of you- the care and concern I feel here is going to help me through a really rough patch...especially hearing from the step-kids who have now flown the nest, thanks. I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks to all of you- it's what I knew but hoped not to hear. I'm going to find a therapist for me and work on earning a steady income to support us. I wish there was a place I could send her, but all I can do now is allow her to spend time at friends' and at activities as much as possible. Thank you again for your kind support-all of you. Can somebody now do the money dance for us?:
Thank you.
Thanks to you all. We did counseling the last 4 years, he still feels it is her fault that they do not get along. I don't think he will change at this point, but i cannot go for at least several months until my new business generates some steady income. It breaks my heart to think of leaving but it does look like that's what is going to happen. What can I do in the meantime? Do I tell her to just hang on? I don't know if I should tell him or not yet- could be very ugly...
I'm new here, and after reading many posts in this subect, am hopeful that I can get some help here- you sound like a very caring community here. I married my childhood sweetheart 11 yrs ago, and my daughter was 3. Through the years, my husband (has no kids from previous relationship) and daughter's relationship has gone downhill steadily. We have tried counseling, but hubby seems to think that my daughter is the problem, not him. He picks on her through me,...