or Connect

Posts by theoldmommers

We use the arm's reach co-sleeper as a stand alone bassinet (I just cannot sleep for more than a few minutes if co-sleeping).  She's been pulling herself up on her knees when she wakes up for about a week now.  Since she's in a blanket sleeper I figured she wouldn't be able to get up on her feet.  Well wasn't it fun to realize my mistake when I went in to nurse her at 2:30am.    So I've just finished yanking apart the damn thing to get the liner out in order to take...
At 6mos. DD just made 14lbs.  I can't remember how long she was, not 26 inches for sure.  She's a healthy energetic girl and doesn't look skinny.  At her 9 mo. appt. she was 15lbs 10oz.  Again, can't remember how long.    Not all healthy babies are gigantic.
Ditto on the choking.  Those things scare me.  DS now 8 (fortunately!) choked on them more than once.  He would suck on it until a big chunk broke off which would be all gummy.  It happened to a friends child as well. 
Hey, All.  Things have been going better.  I've really been able to relax thanks to all the input from you ladies - especially regarding volume!  I have tried jarred food when I don't have time to thaw out cubes or when we're at a play date and she does like them.  So it's good to have that in my back pocket.  Also, I've started to dip my finger in the food and offer that to her to start.  She seems to like that and opens her mouth for the spoon.  I've also started baby...
Hooray!  Glad it went well.
Asiago, thank you so much for your thoughtful reply.  That information is so interesting and 15th % - well, yippee!   Thank you also, Mosaic.  I was pinging a little.  According to the charts at the ped she has always been around 30%.  Now I checked her weight at home and then looked it up on the good old internet and got below the 5th %, but they may be different charts, I'm now realizing.
Oh, I certainly think that's a possibility.  I have done as you suggest and she ended up eating maybe 10 oatios and none of the other foods I offered.   It's really reassuring to hear that your babies don't eat much volume.  I got all my feeding advice from The Super Baby Food Book where the suggested portion sizes are just colossal.  Maybe on average we're actually doing just fine!   I tend to go back to an all fruit selection when she's skipped a few meals, since...
Thanks, everyone. Those are all great suggestions.  You're right, Cecelia's Mama, there is no reason to get myself all worked up unless the Ped starts talking FTT.  That would be crazy since Miss Baby is clearly what I would call a robust baby!   I tried Greek yogurt a while back and she spit it out and was also really gassy later on.  I may try it again, though it's hard to find any that's not 0% fat around here.  I occasionally get her to eat an egg yolk mixed in with...
Hi, maybe this belongs under "skinny babies tribe" but I'd love to hear from mamas who've BTDT.  DD is 8.5 mos and according to my scale weighs 14.6lbs, which means she's gained .6 in 2.5 months.  She's been eating solids since 6 mos.  I've been making food cubes and cereals myself, adding baby vits with iron and probiotics.  I've offered various finger foods (sweet pots, bananas, tofu, cooked apples, oatios and puffed rice).  She really only eats the dry cereal, and...
Hi, I'm in Delaware County, Pa. and had no problem registering my totally unvaccinated son for public school kindergarten (2.5 years ago).  I contacted the doctor in charge of the school district and asked what documents I should have.  He said bring the religious (or in my case strong philosophical belief or however it is worded) exemption form and a note from his pediatrician stating that he was in good health.  So just ask the head honcho what he/she wants and you...