or Connect

Posts by Caidyn

We are in the process of shopping for a double size mattress as we will soon convert our three year olds toddler bed to a full size bed.  We purchased the Naturepedic crib mattress for him as that was important for me for no dangerous chemicals in his mattress.  I was planning to purchase the Naturepedic quilted mattress in double size but first wanted to look into the comfort of this mattress as I would like it to last him until 18 years old.  Does anyone have a...
We are in the process of shopping for a double size mattress as we will soon convert our three year olds toddler bed to a full size bed.  We purchased the Naturepedic crib mattress for him as that was important for me for no dangerous chemicals in his mattress.  I was planning to purchase the Naturepedic quilted mattress in double size but first wanted to look into the comfort of this mattress as I would like it to last him until 18 years old.  Does anyone have a...
I have a two year old boy (who will be three in June) and a new baby girl coming in July.  My 2 year old is in the 'terrible two' stage with lots of 'me no like....' (almost everything, even things he does like when he is in a grumpy mood).  The baby isn't even here yet and he does not like to talk about the baby most of the time. We are also trying to potty train and he is really resisting (pooping in his diaper/underwear just minutes after getting off the potty). I've...
I am 24 weeks pregnant and I was given some water kefir grains about 3 weeks ago and after looking up the benefits of it, I started to make it and have been consuming a large glass each day for about 2 weeks.  I always have it in the morning and thought that I felt a tiny buzz from it but chalked it up to being tired in the morning.  Today I had some after lunch and felt the same thing so I looked it up and am now terrified as it sounds like it does contain some...
Thanks so much!  I'll post there too.
I am 24 weeks pregnant and I was given some water kefir grains about 3 weeks ago and after looking up the benefits of it, I started to make it and have been consuming a large glass each day for about 2 weeks.  I always have it in the morning and thought that I felt a tiny buzz from it but chalked it up to being tired in the morning.  Today I had some after lunch and felt the same thing so I looked it up and am now terrified as it sounds like it does contain some...
I really wasn't sure where to post this but am hoping for some advice. We are planning to put PVC (thermofoil) doors on a few of the cabinets in our new home.  We will have a few months for them to off gas before we use them and I am wondering if anyone knows if these types of products can be off gassed completely so that they are safe to breathe around. Also, any other non-toxic suggestions for building a new home are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Last pregnancy I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and am wondering if anyone has recommendations for any other great books like this.  Thanks!
Thank you so much everyone for the great tips.  They really have helped!
I am 15 weeks pregnant now and the breakouts are starting on my lower face, upper back and shoulders, just like my last pregnancy.  I am currently using raw honey and while it seems to help make my face glow, I am still getting the breakouts.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Last preganancy was a summer baby as this one will be and it was so hard not being able to wear anything sleeveless.    Thanks!