or Connect

Posts by snuggly

I'd love to read a post by families who support each other in homeschooling.  Are there ways to work in collaboration with another family so each parent teaches what they are experienced in.  Thanks!  
Oh I'm so sorry.  It's so unsettling to feel unsafe exercising.  When people do things like that it always make me sad to think of what kind of parenting they had.   How are your same routes at a different time of day?  I ask because this Summer I have been running in the morning to avoid the heat but a side effect is that I see mostly other moms with strollers or little old ladies walking little dogs.  The hecklers must all still be asleep!   Other ideas I used...
I second offering much less food...  Smaller portions have worked for us.  I used to get overwhelmed with food waste now I offer less but if they finish what they have they can always have more, say make them half or even a quarter of a sandwitch for lunch but leave the fixings out so if they finish what they have I'll quick make another. Also, maybe not the healthiest choice for me, but I'll make smaller portions for myself then nibble on what they don't eat (within...
Hi wise mamas,   My DH and I are both 31 and for the first time in our lives have a little extra to think about investing for retirement.  (I know and feel guilty about starting at this age but we just need to start from where we are!).  The issue is that I am a total beginner about researching this and I don't know where to start or who to trust to advise us. Here are a few details: We could invest about $4000 at this time and then add about $150 per month...
Mmmmm... On the topic of sweetening coffee and tea I am loving vanilla flavored coconut milk.  It makes my homemade coffee taste like a treat from the coffeehouse and 1 cup is only 2 points.  I only use about 1/4 cup per cup of coffee so the points don't add up too fast.  
Hi WWers!  Great work to all you "losers"!    I too am doing the online program, thought he past couple weeks I've fallen off the tracking wagon and consequently not lost.... I need some motivation to get back to it!    My main tracking issue is eating with kids.  I hate to waste food and I have a 3yo and an 11 month old.  Often, I'll not even make food for myself: For example, today at breakfast I ate their leftover ww toast crusts and scrambled eggs along with...
Oh my... My poor kids (and dh and self) have been sick for the past couple weeks. Fevers, bad congestion, yuck.  I finally feel like we've turned a corner.  The only silver lining to this?  Despite not tracking or exercising or trying to at all I lost over three pounds (over the last two weeks).  Now solidly in the 140s and not planning to visit 150 again!  The oddest thing about this illness for me was I completely lost my sense of taste. So strange to be eating but not...
I'm so sorry for your loss 1st time mama.   To clarify, I am in no way angry that they got gifts for my children and I am very grateful that my children have their grandparents in their lives.  However, what is hurtful is what the gifts represent: their lack of acceptance and respect of our parenting choices.  It is just one way that they try to insert their values into our home and disregard ours.   ITA with what tooraloora wrote: "It isn't always about just not...
So, my in laws and I have a peaceful relationship but I know that there are many things about our parenting that they disagree with simmering under the surface (my dd "still" nursing, our choice to not have TV in our house, our desire to simplify toy amounts).  Mostly I smile and nod and then do what we choose to do anyway.  But...  DD just turned 3 and they sent her a Disney princess Barbie.  Pretty much everything I am against in society wrapped up in one toy: body...
Did a longer reply but lost it...  Long story short: lost 2 at my last weigh in!  Feeling so inspired and more in control.  I'm also loosening up re: childcare at our gym.  I figure the kids love it and I need a workout and shower a few times a week.  It's going great- I've found that I love step aerobics, oddly.