or Connect

Posts by mom2happy

Hi Talktomenow, Id love to talktoyou sometime about this haha! We tried therapy and that made her even more furious and she felt extremely betrayed by me. She sobbed and said this lady could NOT help her to change. She then became fixated on me wanting her to change who she is and that I want a different child. It was heartbreaking. I told her I would NEVER want to change her, I just wanted "US" to get help with communication. She is very smart and pays attention to...
Thanks Taximom5, We have never tried medication with her.I dont think a medication could teach her to manage her emotions. Her emotions are real and at some point I do feel she will learn. When she is calm and happy it is always easy to be with her and talk about feelings and strategies. She says she is going to try this or that and even comes up with her own ideas. When the point comes that she is faced with not getting her way, she just sees red. She gets so...
Im looking for advice from experienced parents who have btdt with their kids. My daughter has SPD with Aspergers symptoms. She is intelligent and artistic and a very awesome kid. she is considered a "model student" at school because she is quiet and low maintenance. She has had and still has several aspergers symptoms, but they only come out when she is stressed or upset. At school, she wants to fit in and she is able to maintain pleasant behavior, but it is a lot of...
Couldn't have said it better myself!  
Is anyone else's toddler just nursing for food? My DD will have little pieces of apple, pear, or broccoli and cheerios, but not for a meal. She only takes little tastes for fun. She is fine and fat, but still has to  nurse a lot at night. I am really tired of the around the clock nursing. She is still going at the rate of a newborn and even if I offer solids instead of the breast, she only has a few tastes and doesn't eat to satiety. My other babies started late (at...
This is just a post to vent for a sec. I consider myself a pretty good GD mom. I'm far from perfect as a mom/ person, but I work and try hard to do the right thing for my children and family. I am just worn out right now. I know I'll feel better in a day or two, but Darn it!! GD is hard. There are no short cuts. It is the right way to go for the long term, but it just takes up a lot of time and I have found myself just WISHING they would JUST LISTEN! I am sick with...
Update   I wound up calling my obgyn and telling my symptoms. She told me to come in and I told her I was too sick with 3 kids and just couldnt, so she called in a prescription for dicloxacillan. Dh picked it up and brought it to me, but I wanted to wait it out and try more massage and hot compress, pumping, nursing.... I woke up 4 am yesterday feeling even worse so I just took the damn pill. I gave it my all and just couldn't do with out it. I am pretty upset...
I'm barely functioning right now. I am sweating and cold, have a fever, a splitting headache, and my whole body and boob are hurting so badly. This caught up with me pretty fast and I thought it was another plugged duct that I am very experienced at resolving. Not the case and now I am a pathetic pile. DH has not been able to help at all because of work and also isn't the type to ask me if I need anything any way. He is not good at caretaking and I honestly feel...
  Thanks for reading and replying. Sometimes this approach does work, but this particular night, she was tired and completely haywire. As far as making a game of it, she is 8 and would just become more aggressive if I tried to distract her. I also don't think distracting at this point is the thing to do. We have have to come to terms with this. She is capable of acting like an 8 yr old at school (where she would be mortified if they knew how she can be at home). I can't...
  Emmeline, sorry for taking so long to respond. I didn't know there were more responses. As far as ADHD goes. The neurologist, school psychologist, and OT said she doesn't fall into that category at all. If anything she is focused to a fault. She is very rule oriented at school. Her teacher said she can see by her face that it upsets her when the other students don't follow the rules. I do know for sure that she has some pretty heavy anxiety/ social anxiety. I also...