or Connect

Posts by mom2happy

My DD (8yrs) wants to be with me what ever I am doing at home and DS (6yrs) wants to be with DH. DD doesnt want to hang out with DH or do the activities he offers. She just wants to hang out with me while she reads or draws. DS is fine with me, but if DH comes along he'd much rather hang out where ever he is. Even if we are all together having family time, DD automatically comes to sit next to me and DS next to DH. I kind of wish it was more back and fourth. We...
I am so mad and sad right now. What do you do when your 8 year old DD throws a bowl of cheerios all over the kitchen floor (that you just happened to sweep) because she decided it wasn't the way she wanted it?   We were watching a family movie that DD has been waiting to see for a long time. Everything was great and it was a very nice evening. I came into the kitchen to make a bowl of cheerios and almonds because I knew they didn't eat much for dinner. It was very...
Warm, cold, cheerful, sad, always searching.
Well, my grandmother is very tough, that's for sure.   Anyway, how about a note? What if you left it at his office and just kept it simple. He would not need to reply and all you would have to say is "did you get the note?".
Yes. I have an 8 yr old who has spd, and is extremely volatile. This book did not help with her, but it did help with my younger DS (then again, he almost always responds to all GD methods.  
  I promise you, I did not say I thought it was ok. He still made a vow and even if your grandmother can not have sex, he still has no right to act on his horniness.   I also want to tell you about my grandmother who is also an extremely devout catholic. When she found out my grandfather was cheating on her in the 60's, she decided to separate. Separation is allowed in the catholic church. She never remarried and never had a boyfriend. He continued to do his thing. She...
I would feel the same way you do. The thing is.... he probably is a stand up guy, charitable, respectable. He is just really really horny. I'm not saying it's fair to your grandmother, but he probably doesn't think he's going to hell for it. I would feel disgusted also, but since I'm a third party I can see it for what it is. I hope you can get over it. He sounds like a great man and no one is perfect. I would tell him that you are very upset, that you wish you didn't...
Yes, of course. I am trying to determine what particular "needs" kids have depending on the order of birth. This is an awesome collection of information so far. I now have new things to stay aware of with my youngest. It's still really hard to know what each child needs and for the right reasons sometimes. I think I spend too much time worrying and trying to do the right thing, but thats for the personal growth forum.........