or Connect

Posts by mom2happy

This is all good stuff! I'm trying not to feel like anyone would be short changed. I feel like the baby will have no idea what is going on for a long time, DS has a great room that he loves, DD1 is the sensitive one. I think they are unbelievably priveleged to have their own little rooms. There were 4 of us as kids wedged into one room with bunks , a crib in the middle and a mattress on the floor for my brother. Of course having their own room is all my kids know, so...
I guess you are one of the middles and one of the last.  
I am taking my time looking for a therapist in my area. Where I live, people are medicators and even the therapists mention what can be tried on the first visit. I am afraid I might waste time going from person to person who is just going to tell me the same crap I've already tried and read in every book.   I started going over to the special needs about a month ago. Unfortunately all of my posts and questions were going into the GD forum. The more books I've read and...
Anyone else have no sign of it yet? It took this long for my last two. I think I night weaned them at around 1 and got it right away. This one is not eating enough yet to even consider it. She is still nursing every 2-3 hours day and night. Now that I posted this, I'll probably get it next week!  
My bedroom dilemma has propelled me into thinking about  birth order. Being the oldest child of four (and in a dysfunctional family) I can only vouch for my personal experience. My position gave me; less attention, more responsibilities, no tolerance for screw ups/ high expectations....... the only perk was that I was sometimes in charge of the others and it made me feel important.   I think it would be great for all of us as parents to hear experiences of...

Well, this is kind of the reason I feel this way. DD has to bear the brunt of my inexperience as she enters each new phase, while the others have the benefit of having a mom who knows just how to handle things. She has the most responsibilities and no matter how hard I try not to- sometimes the expectations are just slightly higher because I don't know quite what to expect. I was the first child of 4 and I remember everyone's needs being the priority and was ok with...
  I'm glad to hear this perspective also. I agree that she should not feel entitled to her pick of everything.    
This is probably what I will wind up doing, because the youngest does need to near me when she starts off on her own. Changing them around later can be an option, but at that point I'm starting to think that DD will be almost a teen and won't want to be right next to me.