or Connect

Posts by mom2happy

Exactly what I think. It's a show- to put on a show about what your baby "knows". If you want to put the tv on for the baby once in a while, there is no reason to spend $200.  
Food. Everything else I skimp on- just do we can afford the organic and healthy food. My clothes is crap.
I'd quit. It sounds like you really hate it and dread it all week. I am not great with other people's kids for more than 1-2 hours. You have your own 6 year old, so your mommy like energy probably needs to be reserved for her. Around here people make (at the least) $20 hr for cleaning a house. They can listen to their ipod and be done in 3 hours. Personally, I'd MUCH rather clean and be done, than deal with other people's toddlers. Could you find one or two...
I shared a room till I was 10 with my sister and two brothers. It was crowed, but we were poor. We were fine. There was nothing weird about it for us. My girl and boy took baths together until 5 and 7 yrs old. They always wanted to. They were so used to seeing each other naked that there was nothing abnormal about it. DD turned 8 and this year she decided she wants more room in the bath, so we do seperate baths. When ever they want, they sleep together. It is...
Two under two IS hard. Working even a 12 hour day even with a commute would be easier, because atleast you would know there was a time you could punch out. This is a tough time. You will pull through, but you need to figure out what to focus on and what to let go. Things get so much easier later. You will have time for a clean house and fancy cooking later. For the next year or two (if I could go back) this is what I would do: Stop constantly picking up toys, just...
Hey, if she wants to waste her time- who cares? I would just make sure she is using a sls free safe for baby skin soap.  
ooooooh goody goody! So much good stuff here. Thanks everyone. I am making a list. DD is hard to keep up with.  
Yes, she goes to school and that's about as much noise, smells, sights, and society she can handle for the day. She always needs about 45 minutes to decompress in her room right after school. She does eat dinner with me and the other kids. She tries to bring her book, but I don't let her read if I am sitting down for the meal too. She is not in any activities at all. She quit ballet last year and she refuses to try anything else. She hates sports. She likes to do...
  Oh yeah! We are both introverts. Part of my worry is that because I am the way I am, maybe it's partially my fault she is the way she is. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just worry that my introversion could be what makes her kind of antisocial. My DS is the extreme extravert though, so I try to cancel out that idea. Because I totally understand the need for solitude, I don't want to force anything. God, with 3 kids, I could sure use some. My own...
somtimes she does bring her books with her and sit with us, but not want to interact. She really needs more than a designated time of 2 hours. A set time would probably cause anxiety and explosive behavior. I guess I'd have to find ways to get her out of her alone times when I see they are going very long. It's just really hard to entice her when I have a very active 6 year old and 11 month old on my hands too. I'm thinking of creative ways to do this with out being an...