or Connect

Posts by csteely

Thanks for your encouragement! Today is her first day at daycare with a mix of my milk and cow's milk, so we'll see how she does. Yes, she is definitely attached to the boob in the evenings - it's the first thing she asks for when I pick her up at daycare! And I found I can pump a little more if I work in more pump sessions in a day, but will still likely need to supplement... Thanks again for your thoughts and support!
I am a WAHM and for the last year, I've had a sitter come in while I work, so I basically nursed my DD on demand. Now at 15mo, we're starting her at daycare 3 days a week. I had a little bit of milk frozen, and bring in a 5oz bag to daycare each day to cover the (typically) two times she asks for it during the work day. She can easily drink 2-3 oz a serving from a sippy cup. I've only ever pumped intermittently (when I needed to travel for work), so it's been a while,...
those are really good points. My work is pretty crazy (busy season) so I'm lucky to find time once a day to pump, but I will keep trying. Thanks for your thoughts!
anyone out there? anyone done this before or am I crazy?
Later this month, I need to spend 3 days away from my 13 mo daughter. My plans changed kind of late, and so I don't think I'll be able to leave as much of a supply in my freezer as I would like. My DD is nursing less than she did, but she still nurses 6-8 times a day. Can my husband supplement with goat or cow's milk if he runs out of breastmilk while I'm gone? She takes breastmilk easily from a sippy cup, so that's not a worry, and she's a big comfort-nurser, so I'm...
(weird - sorry about the phantom reply!) My LO is a sleep-fighter too. She's 12 mo, and it takes some combination of rocking, bouncing, etc. to get her down. One thing that seemed to work last night that maybe you could try was I rocked her until she was sleepy, and then lay down with her on her futon and rubbed her back while she thrashed and fussed. She never cried, but just fussed and fell asleep with her hands on my belly I'm wondering if maybe she just needed to work...
Posted via Mobile Device
My 1 yo DD has always been a challenge to get to sleep. We've rocked, nursed, bounced, etc. from day one, and she fights it like a champ. Up until a few weeks ago almost all of her naps were vertical in the frontpack, either on me, DH, or our sitter (who's been with her since she was 3 mos - I work full-time). Then a few weeks back, her sitter and I decided that it was time to try to get her to lay down for naps. I figured it would be a gradual painful process (we've...
Right - I forget about that 2-3-4 thing! I'll have to look at the sitter's notebook and see if she's fitting in. She is on the verge of walking -- she's getting better every day at crawling and pulling herself up on everything in sight. And when she wakes up at night, she often flips onto her belly and right into a crawl stance. (I'm a little concerned she'll crawl right off the bed in the middle of the night even with the safety guard, but hopefully my spidey senses...
Hugs to you! Please don't let yourself burn out. Can you find someone to trade babysitting with so you can get a few hours on your own, or for a date? My husband and I recently went on our first date (an afternoon matinee, in the THEATER) at about 9 months and it felt great! We did it again the next month - we have friends with a babe about the same age and we're going to try to do it every month or so. We also use the futon on the floor in her room (which is...