or Connect

Posts by d_lighted

I don't think anyone has mentioned this book yet, but I love Nursing Mother's Companion http://www.amazon.com/The-Nursing-Mothers-Companion-Revised/dp/155832304X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341339666&sr=8-2&keywords=nursing+mother%27s+companion   I preferred this book over Womanly Art as it served as a great "how to" and problem solver when I had questions or issues.  I nursed up to 2 years with my first, and kept going back to it again and again.  I particularly...
Hi, Dory, EDD 9/28!
I can chime in as one of the 217 :)  I was much more active back in 2009 with my first baby, but this time around, I think the forum digest mechanics have changed a lot.  I don't get one everyday, and when I do, it's just the topic headlines - I feel like before you got more info.  I'm not online all the time, so I tend to just skim the digest and click through when there is a post that particularly interests me. Best, Dory
I'm going back in 2 weeks and am alone in looking forward to it? I'm only going back 3 days/week, so I'll have Tuesdays and Thursdays home. I'm looking forward to thinking/doing things that are not baby-related, to leave my neighborhood and be elsewhere, and in general expand my world for the first time in 3 months...I mostly don't feel guilty about it, but anyone else?
Same advice as PPs, but I also wipe off her face and my boob after the fast let down has soaked us - I think the slipperiness makes it harder to latch on, and I notice that after I dry us both, she latches on much better.
Sounds VERY similar to what I'v experienced. The solution for us was for me to burp her often during a feeding. I burp her at the first sign of discomfort (wiggling legs) or after a couple of minutes, whichever comes first. Then another time during the feeding, and then at the end. I also have fast let down, and this seemed to help enormously. HTH!
Thanks for starting this thread I'm 40w + 3 days, and showing no signs of nuthin' but boredom! If I don't deliver by Monday, I go for a sono at the hospital to check fluids, placenta etc. Thankfully, if all looks good, I can go to 42 weeks before induction. I'll see my acupuncturist this weekend. This is my first one, and even tho I THOUGHT I was mentally prepared for being late, a few times a day I have the unbidden thought "what if my body doesn't know what to do...
I'm 40wks and 1 day, and for the past week I wake up several times a night with severe pain in my hips, knees and outer calves. What's weird (to me) is that it's the leg that's under me. I've tried pillows in all sorts of configurations with no luck. Fwiw I'm sleeping with my torso elevated. I would love any suggestions!! Anything to get more sleep...
I'm inserting two capsules nightly and wearing a pantiliner. Definitely some gold oily disharge but nothing alarming. My husband last night asked me if I was sure the capsules were disolving. I paused and said, well, if not, wheni deliver the baby is going to be preceedrd by a whole lot of gooey beads!! Ping ping ping ...
Hi Frances, I don't have any specific words of advice, but I so felt your struggle through your email I had to respond! My only possibly worthwhile suggestion is about your doula - do you have her already? Can you talk to her really specifically about your anxiety and fears, and develop strategies to help in the moment? Also, maybe your doula can drive you to the hospital? And, does she do post-labor doulaing? If not, there are doula who also specialize in post-labor...