or Connect

Posts by elus0814

I could have written a lot of your post. My two older kids will not clean up without pitching a fit and even them they seldom pick up more than a few things. It takes literally 2-3 hours to get the living room picked up. We've gotten rid of and packed up most of the toys they used to have. I can't take away much of anything else without the younger three (who, except for the baby do help clean up) would have nothing to play with. To get them to clean up anything I have...
With every baby I have an awful time trying to lose any weight at all after that initial weight loss in the first few weeks. Even now I'm at 1500 calories and 90 minutes of moderate (jogging and swimming laps) six times a week and I'm lucky to lose a pound a week. As soon as I stop nursing weight drops off easily. I think some women's bodies just hang on to weight while nursing to make sure extra calories are around if needed. I'm well under my pre pregnancy weight but...
  I find these two statements really interesting.   The first one states that if your son decides he wants to be a boy scout it will not be ok with you any way for him to be the person he wants to be or associate with people he wants to associate with. If he really wants to be a boy scout and doesn't 'get it' as you assume he will he will have to hide it from you and go on not showing who he wants to be. Isn't that the same as what you're saying the boy scouts are doing?...
The suggestion to call a pro life or Catholic family services is a good one (although don't call them 'anti choice' like the pp did while you're there, that would be super rude!). They will either be able to get you an ultrasound or will be able to tell you where to get one, they might even have a connection to get you a lower price. Just be upfront and say this is my 9th or whatever number pregnancy, I don't have insurance, I'm seeing a midwife, and I can't shake the...
j
That's a weird situation. I don't see why it's a big deal for someone to sleep in the living room if they don't mind but, honestly, I'm not sure I would be comfortable sleeping on a mattress in my sister's living room for more than a few days.    When you say 'share a room' with you do you mean his sister sleeps in the bed with you for a month? I wouldn't be comfortable with that arrangement either.   Why does the father in law need his own room? Can the living...
I would estimate 10 regular sized garbage bags per week for 7 people plus more if we're cleaning out a closet or have another project going on. We can't compost and there is no recycling. It fills a large rolling garbage can to overflowing, the kind where if an adult stood in it the edge would be up to their chest and they have a foot of open space in each direction all around them. It's a lot of garbage, I admit it.   I could take things to be recycled but we don't...
  I see what you're saying but they also have homework and should be able to spend at least a little time with their families and doing other things. Also, what if they need or think they need to work full time? They would be at school or working nonstop until late at night every day, leading to kids wanting to drop out instead. It would still be the same number of hours (20 during the week and 20 on the weekends) but I just don't think many teenagers would be willing to...
What about teenagers who would drop out of school, by choice or just because they want the money, if they weren't left with enough hours in the day to have a job? Many areas have time cutoffs for teenagers who work, I want to say when I was in high school I had to be clocked out by 8. 
I would probably pack a lunch for her the same as the kids going to school get. If she wants something else it must be healthy food the other kids won't be bothered that she ate. That would keep things fair. Kids at school aren't 'free range eaters', a homeschooler should be ok going without 'free range eating' patterns while siblings are at school.