or Connect

Posts by elus0814

Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica It concerns me a bit, but there is really nothing I can do about it. My son goes to daycare...I will never know when he has been around a recently vaxed kiddo. The same goes for kids who are starting Kindegarten....that is around the time most kids get an mmr booster and or CP booster. Are you really going to call all the parents of the kids in your child's class to inquire about their vax status (rhetorical question!)...
My non-vaxed kids play with lots of kids who are vaccinated on schedule. I'm concerned that they could be exposed to live viruses that the other kids are shedding if they have been recently vaccinated with a live virus vaccine. Is this something you are concerned about? Do you ask other parents then cancel playdates or just make sure to wash their hands and remind them not to put their hands in their mouths? The only thing I do is to be careful about toy sharing with...
I have a homeschooled 5 year old, a homeschooled 4 year old, and an 11 month old. It's exhausting. Having only one toddler to deal with sounds easy!
I have a cuisinart 14 cup one. It's very basic but works wonderfully. I don't think any are made with glass bowls but I've never really researched it. I got a vitamix a several months ago and no longer use the food processor that often. If you are using it for things like smoothies why not just get a heavy duty blender?
I have a cast iron one that must be at least 100 years old which is nice. I also have a silicone one that I don't care for, its supposed to be nonstick but the silicone inside the baking cups is textured for some reason so everything sticks horribly. I also have a lightweight teflon coated one that I'll only use if I have to and then I always make sure to line it with papers. I wish I could find a glass one, that would be great!
We're planning our fifth birth, first homebirth. I've told neighbors (I tend to make some noise and I don't want them calling the police!) but I have not told either of our families. We don't plan to either but they all live many states away and likely will not ask what hospital. They likely will ask if I have another midwife or if I could only find an ob and I will tell them that I have a midwife, which I do. With doctors in the family I don't want to have to defend my...
I went to a midwife that was part of a practice of obs. I was intending for her to be my back up in case of a transfer. She seemed ok with it but two days after the appointment I received a letter saying they were dropping my care. I haven't read the other responses but my advice would be to only answer direct questions, don't volunteer information since they might decide they don't want the 'risk'.
The other posts are correct. The military cannot force you to do anything but they can withhold services from your child such as schools youth center functions. I've had a few lectures where the on-base doc try to convince me to agree to vaccines by lying and saying 'every vaccine is 100% safe'. Just stick to your guns and say no. You might have to say no over and over again and put up with friendly reminder to bring you child in to get vaxed but just stick with it.
I was allowed to cry it out when I was a baby and now I have awful sleep issues. DH was not often left to cry and he has no sleep problems. That said, when my oldest was around nine months old it seemed like nothing I did was helping her sleep so I layed her down in her crib, she cried for a few minutes, then fell asleep. From that night on she slept on her own and would put her arms out to be put in her crib, has no problems being alone, and sleeps well. Before that night...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbhf I have to disagree with this. Kids are different, you never know what "kind" of kid you are going to get. I had two amazingly easy kids, then my #3. I do not find it hard (at this point) but it was certainly harder than I thought it would be, especially at first. And you know, not all children come as their parents would have chosen, so even if all children were the same, there is always the chance that you would get...