or Connect

Posts by elus0814

I agree with the other posts who say that the other children have a right to be safe even if it means your child is moved to another room or has other consequences. Try to look at it from the perspective of the other parents - their poor children are being physically injured by your child and you are leaving it up to the daycare to take care of it. It sounds to me like it's time to stay home with your child or hire a nanny. My kids have never bitten and have never been...
We like using it in chicken soup instead of noodles and it's wonderful. Also cold barley salad is nice and a great way to use up leftover sauces and/or veggies. If you have a baby you can make an oatmeal-type food by pureeing cooked barley, it's nice for adults as a hot cereal with jam or honey.
Quote: Originally Posted by jorona Ditto to this along with added info. I switched to Standard in order to get a larger Tricare payment for my midwife who is actually not even a CNM or in-network. She's a CPM and what Tricare considers a "Tricare certified provider", meaning she has not agreed to accept the Tricare maximum allowable charge for her services or be a contracted provider for them. As it was explained to me (and as I understand it from the...
It's phonics all the way. We used it for about 30 lessons and went to something else. It's really dry and boring. The parent must learn all their special symbols first and every single word is scripted. They even script responses to questions, as though your child is going to ask those exact questions and only those. My child never asked the 'right' questions and I was often lost as to how to respond since the five pages in the front of the book were not nearly enough to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbhf Yes, it is illegal, but the midwife doesn't have to accept tricare payment period and her accepting what tricare pays is generally a big favor to the client who otherwise would have to pay the entire fee. One of my hm MWs was a CNM and she jumped through Tricare's hoops to get partial payment on my behalf and I can't imagine telling her I wouldn't pay the balance that Tricare did not cover. It is my choice to homebirth,...
Quote: Originally Posted by nia82 I thought you can only see out of network providers if you switch to Standard. An acquaintance did that for her homebirth and Tricare reimbursed $1500 for her homebirth midwife. However, your midwife has to be a CNM. Tricare WILL NEVER give even a penny for CPMs or LMs. The midwife is a cnm. You can be seen by an out of network provider while on prime if there are no in network providers available. I can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by mntnmom If you're an active duty spouse, as far as I know, you can still be seen on post if you switch to standard. We're overseas, so it may be different. But talk to your tricare rep to be sure. In my situation it only applies to the possibility of needing to be seen off post. If there is an emergency and I have to been seen at a civilian hospital for instance, I'll might have to pay some out of pocket costs. As for your...
Quote: Originally Posted by luv-my-boys Dont give up. We had a similar situation but not ob/gyn related. We are tricare prime as well and they kept trying to send Ds to "in network" providers but the thing is hald didnt see children and the other half didnt take new patients. We had to appeal to tricare because they have to find you a provider (in network or not) within a geographically reasonable area unless is an extreme specialty (like only this 1...
My DD sells girl scout cookies and she's 5. She goes up to the door with me standing behind her and she makes her pitch. She sold hundreds of boxes like that this year and raised a ton of money that her troop really needed since some of the kids can't afford to do some of the things the other girls are doing and need the troop to sponsor them in order to go. If they had been selling frozen cookie dough or plastic junk I wouldn't have let her participate but for girl scout...
Quote: Originally Posted by anielasmommy09 oh so those filters are reverse osmosis? i didnt know that...how many moths would you say those filters last on the berkey? how much do the filters cost? They're not reverse osmosis, they are purifying filters (meaning REALLY tiny pores). The filters last about a year at three gallons per day (which is what we use) and cost, I think, $75 to replace. The initial cost for the whole thing is about $300 but...