or Connect

Posts by elus0814

Quote: Originally Posted by dannic I think it goes both ways...you've got girls? You must be hoping for a boy. and vice versa. And then, if you've got one of each (as was my case) I got people commenting on why I was having another. As if it's their business. People like to be nosy with pregnant women. It's like they think we're vulnerable to attack or something. (who knows, with all the raging hormones, maybe we are...or maybe they should be...
I would be really upset for her too. With one of my kids my water broke a full eight days before she was born and everything was just fine.
Not excessive. It seems over the top to someone whose children are good swimmers but most children of that age are not. It may also be their insurance. It could be that the only way they are able to keep their prices reasonable is to have such a rule. I have worked as a lifeguard, swim instructor, water safety instructor, and a swim coach at two different pools. One pool had a waterslide which had a height restriction because of the insurance. It was tough to tell a ten...
When my first baby was a newborn my mom somehow convinced me to stay with her for a few week so she could "help". I was very young, I had a spinal headache from the horrible epidural that was given while I was pushing and never worked, and I had a fussy baby that I was having a terrible time trying to nurse. All I wanted to do was lay in bed (a spinal headache only goes away when you are laying down) and let the baby sleep next to me but she made me put the baby in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by aylaanne When I went to see my "backup" OB this time, I stated it this way: You don't have to meet with me, and you don't have to coordinate care with my HBMWs, but if something goes wrong or if we feel the risk of staying home is too high, we're coming to your hospital, so it's in both of our best interests to have some conversations ahead of time. That's good. I was told by my insurance company (tricare, military...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty That does not really make sense to me. Having insurance does not showing caring. Patient care does. And if you knew how expensive malpractice insurance was for OBs you may understand why they don't carry it. I know many OBs tha are no longer practicing OBs because of that very reason (my FP doctor is one of them). As for being dismissed because you have other care. I did not know it could go any other way. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by smpayne Fear of being sued is exactly why they fired you. Technically, you could sue them if something went wrong and since they don't have malpractice insurance, they are a greater risk of losing everything. Just because you don't have an OB doesn't mean you can't transfer to a hospital if you need to. I suppose I could if they were negligent but if a doctor chooses to not carry malpractice insurance they legally...
I had my fist appointment with my backup midwife who works at a large ob practice. I debated telling her I was really planning a homebirth but since going to their office with three little kids is a huge hassle I wanted to make sure she knew I didn't want to come to every 'scheduled' appointment and would be doing the majority of my care with the hb midwife. She first said "I won't be backup to a homebirth midwife" but then she seemed to soften and by the end of the...
Thank you! I feel so much better about it this morning. I have morning sickness now. It's so scary when they symptoms so away, this early there really isn't much else to go on.
I was quiet until the very end. He was born in two big pushes so it was quick and super painful. I was screaming - all out screaming. I was polite enough to bury my face the the bed (the head of the bed was raised almost vertical and I was facing backwards into it.