or Connect

Posts by elus0814

What about getting a lighter convertible seat and car travel vest or inflatable booster? You could have the five year old roll a carry on in the airport while you front carry the baby and wear the car seat like a backpack (just loosen the straps enough. The five year old can sit in the convertible on the plane. Then, when you arrive, the baby sits in the convertible while the five year old wears the car vest or sits on the inflatable booster.
  I think the chance of having dozens of families on the plane is much lower when flying from hawaii to texas then texas to oregon when compared to orlando routes. I know flight attendants will help if they can, in your situation it sounds like there were just too many families to deal with. Besides, who really wants to sit next to a scared crying child for five hours? That said, some people aren;t very nice about it and won't give up their seats unless bribed because...
Car seat vests are perfectly safe, as are airplane vests. They would only fit your five year old - not the baby. Does the baby have a purchased seat? If not don't expect there to be one open and if so is it really necessary to bring a car seat? In your shoes I would go on amazon and buy the two car seats you'll need since it will be cheaper than the $100 rental (safer and cleaner too). You could also do a bubblebum inflatable booster for the five year old, it would be...
We have a 21ish cubic foot upright and even with a family of 7 it seems like too much space. It drives me batty to have it so crammed that I have to take out a dozen things to get to what I need or that I end up forgetting about things. It doesn't run efficiently when partly empty. Most of it has meat but I also keep pre prepped meals, cookie dough, bulk purchases of nuts, lots of chicken stock, and some baked goods in there. The thing is that I find no one wants to eat...
I would think they still have a case against the doctor. It sounds like perhaps the doctor wasn't really on board with delayed/selective vaccination and 'accidentally' hit the wrong button to order all of them. It's a medical procedure done without consent.   To think about it another way: If someone drives 90 mph but doesn't hurt anyone did they do something illegal? The law is the law regardless of injury. 
I wish I had some advice. I feel bad for your kids but it's great that the one school is responding to it and that your kids are able to keeping going with their days. This kind of thing happened at my high school. There were only a couple Jewish students and they were picked on for it. That was far from the bible belt but it still happened. We now live in the deep south and I've noticed that some of the fundamentalist Christians don't seem to have a good grasp of other...
I don't fly because it sends me into a panic but my husband has flown by himself with four of the kids (all 7 and under). It's not so bad and totally doable with two kids. We have two of the cares airplane belts for children and they're great but they are expensive if you're not flying all that much. They do, however, seem to retain their value well so you could buy a set, use them, then resell for $25 less than you paid new. We use ride safer travel vests in the car for...
I've done hair donations three times. Twice to wigs for kids and once to pantene. Locks of love charges for wigs, pays those who do admin work for them quite a bit, spends tons on advertising, charges families for the wigs (up to, if I remember correctly, $1000) on an income based sliding scale, uses a very small percentage of hair that is donated for wigs, and sells the rest (sometimes to people with hair fetishes). One article quoted the ceo as saying that they get too...
I don't think people are getting defensive and short with her out of the blue. She seemed to have a quippy response to all of the suggestions she was getting. In those responses she told people trying to give the advice she asked to get that they don't understand anything as part of some rather unusual, lengthy posts on her views on climate change. It started as a question about adoption which she quickly spun into something else. After reading all this I'm still not...
I second the suggestion of getting out for some time away from her to get some perspective. If she's staying up to all hours while your husband is working can she just stay up longer so he cane her consistent bedtime person or is he away all night? I would be inclined to put a sleeping bag or something on the floor in your room and let her be there if she is quiet, show her out to a childproof room if she's not.   What are you doing during her bedtime? I've found...