or Connect

Posts by elus0814

I've put bucket carrier type seats in RF but have always FF with a convertible. I would think that most convertibles would be difficult if not impossible to install RF unless you are in first class. Honestly, I would be rather annoyed if someone behind me put a huge car seat in RF for a child that is old enough/heavy enough to go FF and I had to sit church pew straight for the entire flight. As far as military aircraft go, C-130's are not for transport of troops, they...
I think it's a lot to put on time strapped parents. Even if someone tries to follow all the rules nut products can slip by. It's simply not reasonable to expect hundreds of families to take extra time shopping and preparing food. I can understand bans on peanuts and peanut butter if a child truly has a life threatening allergy but bans of anything made in a facility that also processes nuts is too much. I feel that peanut bans create an sense of security that a child with...
Kool-aid, tropical punch Nutella Pop of all sorts, especially the diet stuff - it was healthy back then "fried food night", this was the night when at dinner time my mom would pull out the deep fryer and fry up all sorts of frozen stuff like mozzerella sticks, hot pepper poppers, breaded mushrooms, chicken nuggets, and egg roll wrappers (just fried strips of it). One night I threw up after fluff sandwhiches - just butter top white bread and fluff cinnamon toast...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maedze No, even those ones are unacceptable. They also tend to really alter how the harness fits the child. Every single time I encounter one I get, "Oh, no, this is FINE, see the straps are tight!". And every single time I'm able to show the parent how it's not fine at all. NO Bundle ME is safe to use in a child restraint, regardless of thickness. It doesn't sound like you have taken the time to put a...
My husband is active duty military and none of my kids have ever had a vaccine. I don't get flu shots (I'm allergic) and I have never had an issue with either. I did have one doc say a few sentences that politely conveyed that he felt I should be vaxing but it wasn't an issue. The ped we have now on base is very natural and she thinks it's great that we don't vax - she even yelled at the immunization people after I mentioned that they were giving rotovirus vaccines to...
I had a mini with my older kids but bought an original for this one. He's eight months and 18lbs. now and fits great in the bassinet. What about selling your mini for a larger one? We put ours on craigslist and it sold for $75 in just a couple days.
I had a maclaren and it's way to tall for me and I'm 5'4". I haven't found a comfy single stroller yet to replace it but I have a combi double and it's nice and low.
The bundle me I had was a lighter weight one, the part that sat behind the baby was only two layers thick, one layer was a super thin nylon type material and the other was a very thin flannel. At maybe 2mm thick I can't see the compression causing any more problems than a baby wearing a thin sweater. I'm sure there are thick ones out there that are not safe but not all of them are unsafe to use, parents just need to know about the need to keep any thick, squishy fabric out...
I learned to read with phonics and I'm a terrible speller. I don't read very fast but I have, and had as a child, an extensive vocabulary and great comprehension. I owe at least some of the comprehension to phonics because learning the rules and how to decipher word allowed me to deconstruct words and infer the meaning through the meanings of the component parts. I hope that makes sense. I'm teaching my daughter to read now and I started with straight phonics. She was...
My three kids have never been vaccinated and do not have any allergies. Both DH and myself were vaccinated in the mid-80's on a regular schedule for then and neither of us have any allergies either.