or Connect

Posts by cheerios

It seems to me that the specific bfing "covers" do two things - 1:  call everyone's attn to the fact that you're bfing and 2: de-normalize bfing, as if things are only "proper" if you wear a tent over your child and breast!  A nursing cami and whatever else I chose to wear over it worked fine for me.  
Thanks to eveyrone for your input.  It is helpful.  I guess I need to draw the picture more clearly.  DH says that the real issue is that I did not tell him the complete truth in the beginning, after being the one to bring it up.  The reason I told him about it - basically number of partners and what types of relationships they were - was that in my 22 year old mind, I felt like my life partner would need to know about the history overall and be willing to deal with it,...
Now he's also telling me i have to write emails to the priest who married us (to tell him we married under false pretenses and need an annulment, i think), my college friends for more perspective on how screwed up I was, and one of the guys from my history (to tell him he's a jerk).  He's also been looking people up on the internet, showing me the current photos and make fun of the guys and me.  There's a lot of disrespectul namecalling, yelling, taking up so much of our...
Long time mostly lurker here.  I've been married almost 16 years.  Was in early twenties when I got married and we didn't date long.  Long story short - after the first boy I ever went out with (at a very naive age 13 in 9th grade, having come from a nonemotional, no talk about sex/marriage, family) took me into a church hallway and stuck his penis in my mouth and then continued to kind of use me and spit me out, I started out on years of screwed up sexual behavior. ...
Yes, I am looking for a vac for both carpets and hardwoods. We do not have an identified problem with lead, but it is an older house, there is chipping paint throughout, and we have had some work done lately.
In addition to wet cleaning and lead testing for baby and home, I would like to purchase a HEPA vacuum that meets the standard of not blowing dust back out of the machine and spreading it around the house. If anyone has had experience with this situation and gotten good information/advice about what particular products are best, PLEASE let me know. Thank you.
I have an dd about to turn 11 this month too, and I've been thinking about the very same things! And I also have a 1 year old. I'm searching other threads for more books, because we already have the care and keeping of you. I'm really seeing this 11year birthday as a big thing all of a sudden.
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I second all the ideas the other posters have written. My first dd was a lot like this, with her own variations - like continuing to go to sleep late and wake up late all the way until age 10 . My second dd, 10 years later, has been a little less overwhelming. I doubt that many on this board will agree with the one additional option I will suggest, but I believe it worked wonderfully for my dd #2 and is a major cause of...