or Connect

Posts by LitMama

Hi Tracy, I did not get my map done! Shortly before the deadline, all @#$% broke loose in my life... I sort of clicked over into survival mode and was not able to focus on it. Do you have any suggestions for those of us who find ourselves in this situation? Is there another window? TIA for any guidance!   MsB, I love your gorgeous TM! 
Hello, hello!   Nexxus, Alas, I did not get my letrozole without a prescription, I have have an Rx for it through my RE. Do you have an Ob/Gyn? Normally an Ob/Gyn can Rx it for you. Or, I suppose you could probably find it via a Canadian pharmacy? Yes, thyroids can definitely mess things up. I did find out early-ish in my journey that I am hypothyroid, but I corrected it pretty quickly with medication and am between 1 and 2 now, perfect for fertility. I know there are...
Thank you, Tracy, Gumblossom and Shakti! Great ideas!   I did have beautiful images of pregnant bellies, newborn babies and breastfeeding, but my feeling is they maybe weren't specific enough to me (as you said, Gumblossom). So I love the idea of the congratulations card from the Universe, Tracy. Shakti, I love the idea of adding "amazing labor experience" or something similar, that seems to have a nice specificity to it (and is pointing in the right direction of a...
Hi Nexxus,   I think you're right about the timing thing. It really hasn't been the right time for me for the past few years... our lives have been complicated. The problem is, I don't see things getting any easier or simpler for quite some time. Perhaps that's a failure of imagination on my part, I know change can be unexpected.   Sorry, I forgot to answer your question about my daughter's feelings about a sibling! She used to ask for one when she was really little,...
Hi Nexxus, my not-so-little girl is 12! I've been trying for a sibling for her since she was 9, and had been thinking a 10-year gap wouldn't be so bad. Now, if she does ever get a sibling, the gap will be huge and she will be the teenage babysitter. I certainly would have tried sooner, but life circumstances prevented it. Her father, my ex-DH, adamantly did NOT want a second baby at all, and we split up when she was 2. (I wanted a second baby almost the minute my first was...
Hi All,   Thank you to Gumblossom for bringing me here with the link! I lurked last year and made a TM, but hadn't been tracking time very well and didn't realize it was time for the 2014 TM!   I just got caught up on this thread, thank you all for so many great ideas! Tracy, thank you for providing the specifics on the timing. I was worried that I'd missed it, but I see now that I can still make this happen. I can't do much with this today, because I'm on a very hairy...
Hi everyone,   Wow, this thread is on fire! I can't keep up.    Chilee, I like your idea of having a list of supplements, tips, etc. on the first page. Who is moderating right now?   You and someone else were talking about PPQ. That is one of the supplements I've been taking for months, actually. I was taking it in a formula called Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, which is supposed to not only help with biogenesis of new mitochondria (which could in theory help you...
Nexxus, I admire your enthusiasm, too! You'll surely get there with that spirit! Are you pregnant right now? I'm sorry if I missed an earlier post about this, but I see from your signature it looks like you are, and if so, congrats!    Thank you for the ideas. I don't think donor eggs is going to end up being the answer for us, but I know it's a wonderful thing for many families and I'm super glad it's on the continuum of options. It just doesn't quite capture our hearts...
Chichimamma, congrats on your pregnancy!!! I'm sorry that you're feeling like you have to brace for bad news. I completely understand that! But, I am sending good vibes your way for a HAPPY u/s with GOOD news this Wednesday!  Are you still very nauseated? I wanted to share a tip. I get really bad pregnancy nausea, too, and have tried everything (unisom + b6, zofran, sea bands, etc.). Acupuncture! When I was pregnant in January it was the only thing that helped. They have...
I'm sorry, Chilee ((( hugs ))). I'm right there with you. I'm trying to let go of TTC and the dream of a baby, but it's not coming gracefully. It feels like someone died, and I'm in mourning, and I wake up every morning and am jolted by the reminder of this awful reality. I am having a lot of trouble grasping and accepting that DH and I will not get to experience that together and that our life will be very different than we had planned and dreamed of. I remind myself that...