or Connect

Posts by LitMama

Caritasrainbow, so sorry that you're dealing with an older child who is having a rough time. ((( hugs ))) I worried a lot too about the impact my having a baby would have on my DD... it took a lot of ruminating and meditating (and even hypnotherapy) to clear those feelings and realize that in our case at least, a younger sibling would be a lifelong gift I could give to her. I agree with you that age brings patience and wisdom, and I also think there is a lot to what you...
Caritasrainbow, don't worry! A thin lining is totally normal after a m/c and cytotec. Been there. Your lining will be beautiful and lush in a couple of weeks, I'll bet.   MamadeRumi, yargh, I've been there with realizing my baby won't arrive before my 45th (and now my 46th) birthday. I hope you can not worry about that timetable and those milestones too much, they are truly just numbers that we assign meaning to. I think if we take relatively good care of our bodies and...
  I can also return dad's keys to him, or give them to DD and have her be the one to run inside and find things. I think he already gets that I don't want to go inside his house, because I generally ask him to leave things outside for me.  And to answer the question... is someone always home to let her in? The answer is yes, so far. We've all probably been a little overprotective of DD. I think this is partly a function of her being the precious only child and a late...
Thanks, Banana! That's exactly the problem. We can't ask her to not give it to her dad... just like we can't ask her to keep secrets from her dad. They have a father-daughter relationship and we do respect that. So keeping a key outside doesn't really solve the problem.
Hi Mamas,   Well, I knew this moment would come... my newly-minted 13-year-old has requested her own house key. "All" of her friends, apparently, have one. She would like to be able to take the bus home from school and let herself in, or be dropped at home after a hangout with a friend while I'm at the store, etc. I'm pretty sure she's not going to burn the house down at this point and Ive started leaving her alone for brief periods of time (like a store run), so I'm not...
I'm so sorry, mama.
So sorry you are going through this, Caritasrainbow. I know how hard it is. ((( hugs )))   MamadeRumi, I have noticed a change in my thermal shift. When I was 40-44, it was more abrupt... I would have a dip the day of ovulation, and then the next day my temp would shoot waaay up. Now it is a bit more gradual and I don't always see a dip the day of ovulation. I'm assuming this is hormonal change happening... I know that my estrogen and progesterone levels are a bit low...
Hello! Longtime Mothering member, but just noticed this thread for the first time. Is it still active? If so, I would love to have my name added to the list and would be happy to say prayers for all of you. DH and I have been trying for 3.5 years and have had many losses. My DD would love a little sibling. 
Thank you, MamadeRumi, and everyone else too for your support.   MamadeR... I know you will understand this part... ugh! I can't believe fall semester is beginning. My heart is SO not in teaching right now, not to mention all the faculty schmooze-fests and meetings. None of it feels like it matters. Yet, I have to remind myself that I do love teaching and connecting with my students and hopefully that act of helping and being of service to others will bring me out of...
I'm so sorry, Halifax.    It took my body what felt like forever to begin this m/c, days after I saw my already low betas were declining. Yesterday was the worst of it physically and I felt some relief, in both body and mind, after that. My DD was with me and I was so grateful for that (she wasn't aware of what was going on, but just having her close by was so comforting). Going through the IVF process... where I got to actually see my embryos and keep a picture of...