or Connect

Posts by LitMama

Hi GuavaGirl, I'm so sorry you had to go through this ((( hugs ))). I too had an ectopic earlier this year, in which I almost died, lost most of the blood in my body, and had to have an emergency surgery to remove the pregnancy (even after I had had two shots of methotrexate a week prior). So I know exactly what you're talking about, and I too felt the fear of conceiving again and going through something similar again, or worse. But I'm here to tell you that it gets...
Hi, just wanted to chime in with my experience. My DD is 11 now and has been sleeping in an Ikea loft bed (the taller one) since she was 6. I'll give you the positives and negatives from my perspective.   The biggest downside to getting this bed was that I totally freaked out about it once we had it set up. For weeks, I allowed her to play on it, but not sleep in it (she slept partly in my bed and partly on a mattress on the floor beneath her loft bed). Then, I let...
Congratulations, 3surfboys! Thank you for sharing those beautiful, inspiring photos!   Gumblossom, I'm glad you're feeling okay about where you are in your journey right now. I hope ovulation time comes peacefully for you, whether you TTC or TTA.   I've been super busy with summer visitors, travel, time with DD and an impending move. I'm also trying to stay offline because it helps me let go and not obsess over TTC. I'm finding that I'm feeling much more peaceful...
Carmen, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you. ((( hugs )))
Congrats, Halifax!!! Welcome to the world, Xander!    Yay for a BFP and good betas, Carmen!   Many ((( hugs ))) to Gumblossom and Waturmama. I'm thinking of you both.   Still taking a mental health break, but had to pop in and send some hellos and hugs your way. xo
For any mamas who are interested in immunology issues... I've done a little research today in hopes of turning up some less spendy way to approach this. It turns out some of the expenses can be mitigated by having a physician order your blood assays through Millenova Immunology Lab in Chicago (don't know how much they cost, I'm waiting to hear back from the lab, but it's supposed to be way cheaper than going through a clinic like the Beer Center, which uses their own...
Gumblossom, what an interesting situation you have on your hands! Did that first beta number tell you anything? Does it seem like a number that would be consistent with any particular week of pregnancy?   For what it's worth, I did a LOT of research on ultrasound machines during my ectopic... they do vary greatly. You should be able to ask your doctor what the "threshold of visibility" is for the machine she's using. At my hospital, the threshold was such that a...
Waturmama, my DH has not actually gone yet... he did promise he would make an appointment, but I have a feeling I'll have to end up making it for him (just like I buy his supplements for him and give him a list of what and how much to take). His schedule is intense and he has a work culture that frowns upon doing any life-admin tasks during the day, so it's almost impossible for him to take a lunch break or even step outside to make a personal phone call. I've been...
Wow, Gumblossom! Yay! You are still pregnant! It sounds like some betas would be a good idea!   As you might recall, I had an ambiguous situation last month, too. After several positive tests and AF being a week late, my bleeding was very light and was stopping and starting. My TCM doc also said that my pulse was still indicating pregnancy. However, as soon as my full flow started (and I had negative tests and my symptoms had disappeared) I started taking a TCM...
Gumblossom, ((( hugs ))), I think I understand how you feel. And it certainly does seem like a heavy burden to shoulder on your own. I hope you can find a path that feels nurturing to you. You have been very nurturing to all of us!   WaturMama, I still don't fully understand what happened this cycle, but I think FF moved my O date based on a triphasic chart. My initial post-O temps (based on a cd14 O) were pretty low, low enough that my TCM doc recommended...