or Connect

Posts by meander

I am dipping a toe in here cautiously. I am 40 and hoping that my 19 month old son may be able to have a sibling. Right now I am in the TWW. I'm a little concerned about short cycles; we will do some testing if this one goes poorly as the last two, but right now neither of us wants to pursue too manyinterventions, so we'll just see what happens for the near future....
Hi there. I am subbing. I am trying to get in the habit of occasionally using my laptop again, but I can't promise much. It's shocking how easy it is NOT to be online after 20 years of connectivity! But Alaric HATES me using it still, silly boy. I have been loosely following along but am also sort of hopelessly behind.   We are doing beautifully still. Alaric turned one on 7/3, to little fanfare, and some cupcakes he hated but ate the fruit off. He's a fruit...
TT: I am totally stalking you but I am not going to say ANYTHING else because I feel like I might jinx you. Not a word.   Thebyr: I have acid reflux and have been on omeprazole for....8 years now? Nothing else was able to control it, and not taking anything turned out to be impossible for me. I concieved, carried and am now BFing on it with no issues that could possibly be attributed to the omeprazole. Alaric is 3 months old now, happy and healthy after a scary...
Oh yeah, and here's a picture from a few days ago--I can't resist showing him off even if he is cranky. :)
pshaw! I just woke up from a quick nap with the overwhelming thought 'Val *must* have had her baby...' (I'm not even nearly as obsessed as that makes me sound--this was just out of the blue! And here your last post makes that look so unlikely. Hang in there, though--I am SO SURE it will be really soon. *hugs* birdie--I hope you can keep your BP in a happy place. It's hard not to worry about things like that and get even more stressed. I don't know if you/your midwife...
Wow, it's been way too long. I spend no time online these days, and when I am here, I read but never bother to post. Alaric is thriving, and I am doing fine, though I live in a fog of constant tiredness. Nothing that wasn't to be expected, but that doesn't mean it's not kicking my butt. :) We're slowly settling into something like a routine--it's nice to have a semblance of predictability, even if we're coloring outside the lines most days... At 6 1/2 weeks, Alaric...
A huge congratulations to LivingSky and Tear!!! Both of you have deliciously beautiful babies, and I'm so happy for you!!!   I'm still here. Computer time is hard to come by these days! Alaric is doing great still, though we've had a lot of bumps in the road. Something happened to my milk supply--it dropped in half, and it took a few days for me to figure out why he was hungry constantly...poor kid wasn't getting enough. I'm supplementing with formula now...
Congratulations, LivingSky! I am so happy for you!!!!   Hokievol, that is wonderful news! I hope that's the worst scare you have during this pregnancy, and that everything from here on out is a piece of cake. :)   We brought Alaric home yesterday. I always thought 'sleep when the baby sleeps' was obvious, easy advice to follow. A-hahaha. I had no idea how tiny a gurgle it would take to keep me awake...and he's not really a fussy baby; he slept in 3-4 hour...
Hokie, I just wanted to pop in and mention that I had a lot of bleeding around 7 weeks with this pregancy--and we never figured out why--but this LO just spit up all over me. So it can be totally fine! I hope that is true for you--try not to worry. *hug*
Alaric will be discharged tomorrow! I am so looking forward to having him home with us--all this back and forth is just exhausting. By all means, ladies, have healthy babies that do not require any time in the NICU--I wouldn't wish this week on anyone, even though it is looking good for us in the end. His platelets nearly doubled yesterday, after a week of steadily falling, four transfusions that did basically nothing, and finally a plateau yesterday...so there is a...