or Connect

Posts by rhesp1212

It's totally possible that she is having a reaction of some sorts to the sugar, my DS reacts that way with several foods. That said, if she doesn't typically get alot of sugar, could it just be a blood sugar level type of thing too. People who don't usually eat much sugar (and even people who do) sometimes get that type of reaction when their blood sugar is too high or too low. So, it's possible that it's something like that as well, especially if you're not seeing any...
Are you sensative to High fructose CORN syrup....or all fructose? There's a big difference there.   You just sort of have to play around with mixing and matching different foods. I like to roast my veggies in the oven with a bit of olive oil.....try maybe some red potatoes with olive oil and rosemary, salt and pepper...and serve it with whatever meat of your choice, and a side of broccoli. Add in some seafood if you can. When I was severely restricted, it helped to...
My son has a mild to moderate IgE allergy to avacadoes, so I've been warned about possible latex as well. I have noticed that when he wears regular underwear with an elastic waist band he breaks out in a rash right where the waist band hits him in the front (but he never has it on the back). I know it rubs more in the front than int he back though since it's right where he bends, etc. Anyways....I put him back in his gerber training pants for a couple days adn the rash...
I think the majority of the time reflux is related to food intolerance or allergies. However, it concerns me that she's holding her stomach in pain....reflux wouldn't cause stomach pain. the pain would be higher up like heartburn. The fact that her stomach is hurting would make me definitely think it's a food issue. If your daughter is sensative to dairy, get her off prevacid (if it's solutabs) as it has a dairy derivitive in it that could actually be increasing the...
Yep, my son is super sensative to Quinoa!! Breaks out in a rash all over his face, diaper rash, reflux...it's bad!! Course, he is also sensative to most other grains.   other options to use instead of quinoa are millet, teff, amaranth, and buckwheat. They are all gf too! Sadly, my son is sensative to all of those except buckwheat.   You could also try sorghum flour for making baked goods. Not sure about cooking it as a grain though.  
I think "happy" spitting up right after eating is considered normal....air bubbles, chugging too much too quickly, etc. can all lead to spitting up. If they are fussy when spitting up, that's another story. For us, DS would spit up hours after he ate and large quantities, which was a HUGE sign that something was wrong...indeed he had a tremendous list of food sensativities that we late discovered. If the child is acting in discomfort (fussing, not sleeping well, crying...
Actually zantac doesn't stop the reflux from occuring, it just neutralizes the acid so it doesn't burn and cause damage. This is what we used and my son still had reflux as we figured out his food triggers, but atleast he wasn't miserable with it. Here's a really great website with LOTS of reflux and reflux med info on it. It was a life saver for me...www.infantreflux.org   Also, I see that your little one is sensative to corn, and most meats. My son was the same...
Actually most pasta's don't use yeast....they contain gluten, but not yeast. So most pasta's would be safe, I would think.  Yeast is primarily used as a rising agent as far as I know. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!   For baking you can use double the leavening agents and leave out the yeast. I make my own crackers for my son all the time and I never use yeast in them at all. Just mix whatever flour you want, some water, baking soda and whatever flavorings...
What about things like Quinoa, millet, teff and amaranth for other gluten free grains to use as side dishes or mix in with veggies, etc. for sides?  I've seen a yummy looking pilaf using quinoa, millet and lentils at our local grocery store.
I was told by a dietician that wild rice is not in the same family at all as other rices. It might be worth doing a trial with a small amount to make sure though. When my son was reacting to rice, he reacted to the wild rice too (course he was reacting to everything else at the time too).