or Connect

Posts by holz

Welcome! I live in DE, but not far from Salisbury and we're there often :) It's a great area- not the crunchiest, but a great place to raise kids!
I want to join in! I have two boys, 2.5 and almost 10 months. Waldorf is sort of my ideal and my compass, but we're not quite there, and I'm okay with that We also live in a small town and I haven't found any Waldorf community or even much of a crunchy one.
I know there are a few old eastern shore threads- was just wondering if there's still anyone here from the area. I'm really feeling the need for community with like-minded moms lately! Also, I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the general "birth climate" around here. My children were born while we were living in NJ, and in thinking about planning for more, I'd like to have some idea of what to expect. Home birth, midwives, baby-friendly hospitals, etc.
Thanks, ladies. Hopefully not pregnant ;-) but I have been a little distracted. It's been a few days since I've had any accidents, so maybe the spell is broken!
I'm putting this under Spirituality, but not totally convinced it belongs here. This might sound really, really silly... I'm usually a more logical person than this... But wondering if anyone has any insight. Over the past week or two, I've been really clumsy. I keep dropping things, managed to break one toe and badly bruise another... It's nothing wrong with my balance or anything, just freak incidents. I was laughing it off, but it keeps happening... Could this "mean"...
I haven't read ahead, but see that you've gotten some longer and probably very thoughtful responses. My oldest is only 2 so there hasn't been much discussion about the tree, but what's helped me come around is buying Jewish-themed ornaments- a Star of David, a silver menorah, etc., and using blue and white lights- it pretty much becomes a Hanukkah tree. DH isn't particularly religious but is very into "the season" and the symbols of that, so it's a compromise that's worked...
DS just turned 2. I *think* he's always required more frequent sleep than others his age- he was probably around 20-21 months when he was ready to transition from two naps to one.   Anyway, we're just now getting into a good routine- he wakes up anywhere between 6 and 7:30 in the morning, and will go down for a nap between 10:30 and 12:30 depending on how early he woke up and when I can get the baby to sleep. He usually naps about an hour and a half... up to 3 hours...
I nightweaned DS a few weeks ago, at almost 18 months. It wasn't really something I was planning on doing, but I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy and he's got teeth coming in, so the increased nursing + exhaustion + discomfort just got to me, and I think reality hit about nursing him 3-4 times a night plus a newborn...   Anyway. I'd always planned on using Dr. Gordon's method for gentle nightweaning, but didn't think he would quite understand why one hour he could...
Can anyone tell me what this looks/looked like for you? DS is 19 months and I'm due any day with #2- now that I'm seeing the light at the end of this tunnel of pregnancy exhaustion and zero motivation, I'm really looking forward to having a little more rhythm and structure to our days, and feel like DS is ready for some more focused activities, etc. I want to incorporate rituals and such into our days... Right now I feel like I'm enriching him the most when we're out and...
Please tell me this isn't the most recent for eastern shore moms? :(