or Connect

Posts by Cetan Luta

After weeks of false labor off and on, Lily Amelia Dawn finally decided to join us [I]on[I] her due date! She was born peacefully at home, attended by Dad and her two big brothers, before transferring to the hospital for a stubborn placenta. She weighed 5lbs. 13oz. and measured 19 1/2 in. long. We were expecting a much bigger baby, and are glad she waited until her due date so she could grow as much as possible. Our whole family could not be happier to have her here...
Thanks for the awesome suggestions ladies, those were perfect, and will save me sooo much time.
Does anyone know where I can find dimensions for making diaper covers in different sizes? Most of the patterns I have seen suggest checking the size on your baby, but I need to get some newborn (I know these need smaller leg holes than any other size), small size, and medium sizes made before my baby comes or there's NO WAY I will ever get the time (this is child #3). So I would love to find good general dimensions for making some basic generic sizes to work with,...
I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but if baby is mostly constipated, giving a small amount of white grape juice with an eyedropper can dramatically loosen things up, without being as traumatic as some of the other solutions people sometimes suggest. Also, doing the same with weak catnip tea does wonders to relax tight little stomachs, expell gas, relax baby, releive colic (major or minor), especially when combined with some time relaxing in a vibrating bouncy...
Myself (30) and my two sons (10 and 5) have never been vaccinated, and never had any major health problems. Both boys are way ahead in most school subjects (despite DS1 being slightly dyslexic) and none of us have any autism spectrum type issues, no allergies, etc. I had chicken pox as akid, and so has my oldest son (both exceptionally mild cases) other than that, we have never had more than whatever cold etc. is going around. We also avoid all allopathic medical...
I get the same kind of thing, and my OB tells me it's ecause baby has already dropped. I feel like I'm sitting straight on her head! (We're at 32 weeks with #3) You can certainly drop and feel lots of pressure, and even dilate gradually for weeks, so no need to stress too much. However, if you are dilated enough to fit two fingers in your cervix, I would definately let your care provider know, so they can double check everything, reassure you, and to keep them up to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow Traveler Oh no. Who told you that and for what purpose? In general it is not necessary (and should be discouraged) to retract a boys foreskin. This is mostly because you don't know when he is retractable. Some boys are very young others in their teens others may be able to do it but then lose that ability until sometime later, doing so before he can may cause damage. The general rule is that only the boy should retract...
I had the same problem with my oldest, until I found out he just hated that flavor of toothpaste! He loves Tom's of Maine Strawberry flavor. If you can find small sample sizes of a few different kinds to try, it makes it alot easier. As much as I hate all things artificial, my youngest son brushes his teeth twice as often and well if I let him use the turquoise sparkly bubblegum gel. But at least his teeth stay nice and clean now. HTH
Adding white vinegar to the final rinse will kill off any yeasts living in your cloth dipes, I'm can't remember the exact amount though. HTH
Stand up for your parenting beleifs as nicely, as firmly, and as often as neccessary. Unfortunately, this is just the beginning. Parents and Inlaws have a very difficult time coming to terms with the fact that their children will be making their own parenting choices (many of which will not be what they did when raising their own kids) and it takes a lot of time and repetition for them to realize thatadvice is nice, and they no longer get to make the decisions or tell you...