or Connect

Posts by fairejour

They seem to think that they can treat us badly because we are "welfare trash" (not true, she has medicaid because she is disabled, but even if we were, why would you treat a child like that!)
We are in St. Louis and we are having a terrible time finding a dentist who takes medicaid. Today my daughter had to have a tooth extracted after having an abscess, and the dentist literally ripped it out while she screamed!    Please, we need help. She has terrible teeth and no one is willing to take good care of her because she is just another "welfare" kid :'(
My BA and MA would be in Deaf Ed. which has a critical shortage of people, and my AuD would be a degree that is in high demand as well. I know that once I am done, the jobs will be there, it is just getting through it that I'm struggling with.
I'm back in school (been full time for about a year now) and am hoping to continue on for about 6 more years...aiming for a AuD. But, what is holding us back is living in poverty for all this time. DH works full time, and we get a little assistance ($125 in food stamps) and we struggle. We only have one car, neither of us have gotten new clothes in a year, all our stuff is cheap and broken. I don't know if I can make it for another 6 years like this....I want a better...
I agree! I wrote this response:   "I'm so confused by people who are saying 16+. At 16, our children are expected to be able to navigate the world well enough to be responsible to drive. They need to be able to negotiate using a map or gps, to be able to ask for directions if needed, and be able to keep themselves and the rest of the world safe in a thousand pound weapon travelling at high speeds, but some of you would be unwilling to have them walk away and meet back up...
This is so interesting, because on a more "mainstream" site the answers are between 13-15. People are saying it is far too dangerous...
The girls are 10, and we would be leaving a phone with them. We were hoping to let them go on a couple rides and then meet back up, check in, and then go on.
At what age did you start allowing your child to go on rides alone (well, in our case, it would be with a friend)? We have a summer pass for 6 Flags and we are hoping to encourage  some independence. At what age can they explore without mom and dad?
She is our only, and I think that is part of the problem. She feels like she is getting sent to bed alone, while Daddy and I get to cuddle together and have fun.   The reason it has managed to get this far is complicated, but worth mentioning.   Every time we try to transition her out something huge shows up. We moved when she transitioning the first time, and then we were working on giving up the pacifier. Then she had surgery. Then another surgery. Then we moved halfway...
How long could her staying up last?   We've tried for several days and she eventually becomes hysterical and is unable to function at school or at home.    Timed lights, etc   We have tried this as well, but she will just roll around and keep herself awake long after the light is off.   Sitting in her room   We have tried this before, and it actually works, IF one of us actually lays in the bed with her. But we aren't able to transition to not...