or Connect

Posts by Ravensong13

Dh signed up to take on an extra shift after I asked him not to.... so I will be sitting at home by myself. Yes, I'm feeling bitter.
I LOVE ultrasound pics!! How did I miss this thread? I have a few from 26-ish weeks:   He was legs up almost the whole time and we could see him playing with his feet too. I have to say though, while it was fun doing the 3d/4d session I don't think I'd do it again. It felt a little like cheating and I also felt a bit... violated I guess would be the word? Maybe not that strongly, but the tech poked me a lot and shouted at my stomach to get him to move around and...
Man, it sounds like everyone is having similar weeks to mine!   I've been switching from hot to cold every night which is making it really hard to fall asleep! Dh has been working pretty much every night this week, which means he then sleeps all day and I never see him. I had a scare on Tuesday with possible early contractions, or at least painful crampy non stop braxton hicks ones. Midwife had me run out to get cal-mag which has been helping, but I guess my activity...
I am so very sorry for your loss Autumn. You and Maxwell are both in my thoughts.
This morning just reaffirmed everything for me. In-laws posted pictures from the vacation on fb. There are maybe four of us, two with dd in them, and SIXTY of dn. I'm just giving up, there's too much effort in trying to be a real part of that family dynamic with dd, and I always end up feeling she's left out. But honestly with how she's treated and our views disrespected, I think we're better off.
Oh there is favoritism for sure. I know there are some family members that still don't realize she's their granddaughter. She's been in their lives before dn was born, but after things really changed. I think part of it is that we don't need as much help with her, but dn is almost like another child to fil as far as how much raising he's been doing. We noticed that a lot of the in-laws friends didn't know who dd was/seemed surprised that she was a granddaughter. Dh feels...
We don't live with them, they're actually about an hour away from us. They take care of dn for sil when she works so he ends up spending a lot of overnights with them and sometimes a week or so at a time when she takes vacations or has activities going on. Fil tends to take over with dn when we're all together. It is hard to tell sometimes who makes the rules, fil or sil and her husband. He has said that she has needed him to 'handle things' since being overwhelmed pretty...
Let's see...   Got asked to leave a bar on St. Patty's day because I wearing underpants over my fishnets, Kicked out of a pizza place for busting in and throwing up in their toilet on my 21st birthday, Kicked off of public property in front of the Target Center for leafleting because a different group made a mess ( we cleaned everything up just to prove we were nice people anyway)     I'm really surprised I haven't been kicked out of more places, but I...
I have posted in various forums about the issues I have had with my in-laws in the past, mostly with fil. I won't go super into the back story, but I have decided after a confrontation with fil last week to pull back a bit from my in-laws. I'm not sure if this post is to just vent or for advice on how to be consistent with this decision.   My in-laws have a house in Mexico that they spend a few months every winter at. We managed this winter to scrape together credit...
I'm really glad I did a lot of my buying early on and asked family to give diapers etc for holiday gifts. Dh just informed me today that although he is working three jobs we are barely making it. I guess we are just above the poverty line right now. I feel pretty helpless as I stay at home and my small little 'job' of watching the neighbor's kid a few days a week is wrapping up. Thursday, I'm in the same boat as you on now trying to figure out how to buy a home birth...