or Connect

Posts by Luke's mama

I had trouble conceiving my 2nd while nursing my first (he was around 20-21 months), and read the advice on one of the forums here to take a complex B vitamin.  Maybe it was conincidence, but one month after starting the B vitamin, I got pregnant.   Good luck!
I would avoid induction if at all possible! It really seems like a slippery slope--one that leads to epidural because the contractions are too harsh and too intense to withstand on their own, "failure to progress" because often the baby isn't ready to come out and so isn't properly engaged in the birth canal, which keeps him or her from descending, and ultimately leading to C-section, after which you will have to battle in successive pregnancies not to have more...
I definitely recommend the kiddie pool!! Also, what about giving her some spoons and cups and a little flour to measure or something like that while you cook? How do you feel about videos or TV? I know it isn't the greatest, but sometimes that is the only way I can buy some time to cook or eat when DS is being clingy or wanting to go outside and I can't take him.
I would mention to her that AAP cautions against Ezzo--she may respect that source more, and it might start her thinking. It might do some good, and if she is offended, probably not a big loss (of the friendship) anyway. Seems better than doing nothing.
my DS, now 26 mos, was really not verbal at all at 16 mos except for maybe "ball" and "kitty". He really didn't start calling me mama or mommy until 19 months or so. I was kind of worried when I read about other kids using so much language earlier, but new that DH and I are both cautious and slow bloomers, and DS was hitting his developmental milestones on the later end anyway. Anyway, he has gradually been adding more words and since 2 has been taking off quite a bit. ...
what about nutrition? Could she benefit from fish oil? I have read that it can really change kids' behavior. Or could she have food allergies, such as to things like gluten or dyes, etc., that could be cut out?
oh, and i know a lot of people are anti-pacifier, but it has been crucial to DS' sleeping.
the summer my ds turned one, we strolled him to sleep almost every day for nap. then the weather got nasty so I switched to holding him while walking back and forth in a quiet room or hall and singing to him. Then he started getting heavy so I started lying down with him in bed, reading a few stories, then cuddling him and singing softly. Works great now, but a very few times he has refused (maybe only twice) and a few times I have had to make him keep lying down,...
just wanted to offer a little hope! my ds loved his bath until at 19 mos old, I was away for a few nights and grandma and grandpa poured water over his head, which I had never done. He totally freaked out and refused a bath, and this went on from Xmas until mid-March. We did sponge baths until then. I think what changed it was we went to the beach with his 5 yr old cousin, and when he saw his cousin and aunt playing in the pool, he became more receptive to getting...
Great thread! It is so sad for me to think of all the parents (seems like the vast majority) who do cry it out and hitting, etc. etc., and it is so nice to read all these loving responses from parents who are looking for a better way. Crunchy mama, just wanted to comment that changing the situation by being playful reminds me of the book Playful Parenting, which has great ideas along these lines and might be a good read for Astria. It has helped me with little things...