or Connect

Posts by mambera

I admire the degree of perceptiveness here but I'm not sure I can replicate it.   Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this discussion; I'm still following along and enjoying the different perspectives.   Overall things have been pretty calm and we haven't had to have a time-out in rather a while; I'm not sure if DD is just growing up a little or what.  I did figure out an extremely simple way to get the time-out to go more smoothly.  I just stop counting the time...
Hey I just bought a big head of cauliflower at the farmers' market yesterday because it looked so yummy.  I am totally making the cheese puff tonight (was going to try polenta and veggies but maybe I will do that tomorrow instead).  Do you think I could sub ricotta for the goat cheese?  (DH won't eat goat cheese.)
I'm jumping the gun a little here, but we are considering TTC starting about six months from now. If we did we would be trying to time for a boy, which would require me to be able to pinpoint ovulation.   I've never charted before and I would like to track my cycles for a few months before we are actually TTC to become familiar with the process and my cycle.    One option would be to remove the IUD and CTA or use an alternative birth control method until we are...
Gosh I love the polenta/veggie pie idea neptunemama.  What veggie combos do you usually put in it?  Would zucchini, mushroom, tomato, egg/ricotta be too wet?   Some other great ideas in here as well, I will be experimenting - thank you mamas!
So sorry for your losses, TenzinsMama and maos211.  I have thought about the possibility of losing someone - I also have friends and loved ones who have lost siblings and children and it is so irreparably devastating - but I somehow don't want to plan my life around that potentiality.  Perhaps there's a superstitious part of me that feels that planning my life around the expectation of loss would somehow make that loss more likely to occur.  Not in any way logical but it...
Hey thanks for all the ideas everyone!   The thing about the beans is more their digestive impact than their taste.  As such, disguising them won't help.  I've been trying to get him to use beano more often - it seems to help when he does - so if I get a really good recipe and it happens to have beans in it it may work out.  The raw veggies, I think he just doesn't like the way they taste.  (Too bad because I love green salad and so does our ODD.)   I've thought...
I have a really limited repertoire of dinners my DH will eat.  He likes things that can be made into a sandwich with cheese.  Right now we only have about five dinners he genuinely enjoys, and two of them are a stretch to call dinner:   - pesto portobello 'burgers' (on bun with cheese), oven fries - eggplant parmesan (on bun with cheese), oven fries or chips - spinach pie with Greek yogurt, bread - omelettes (on bread with cheese) - grilled cheese,...
For green leafies I wash and spin dry the day I buy them, then store in a Pyrex or Tupperware with a paper towel in the bottom.  Lettuce stays good enough for green salad up to 3 weeks that way.
No advice here, just some internet hugs.  So terribly sorry for your losses mama.  Wishing you peaceful healing.
FCC = front cross carry   FWCC = front wrap cross carry   They are different ways to wear a woven wrap.