or Connect

Posts by mambera

OK, I have a totally TMI question for anyone who had a water birth. What happens if you poop in the pool? Do you get out, drain the pool, refill and start over? Or do you just fish out the floater, or what? Is there any concern for infection from the baby getting a mouthful of labor tub water?
Quote: Originally Posted by 3*is*magic YOUR choices are not being attacked. This really isn't about you at all. It's about them, and all the emotions they are experiencing. Repeat after me: I am so happy that your beautiful daughter arrived safely! I can't wait to meet her! Now is not the time to discuss all the ways in which the birth of their daughter could have been "better." Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by ladyleah LOLOL...Yeah- I could have killed my DH this morning....he asked me: "How are the "feeders" feeling this morning" ..... Heh. My DH has been calling them "snack packs."
I would drop the Spanglish and use all Spanish, all the time. I know it is so stressful to hear that your kid is "behind" , but honestly a 35% delay doesn't sound that bad to me - not that I know anything about the subject, but it seems like it could be relatively normal range, esp given the language-mixing at home. I mean, he's 2. Einstein didn't talk until he was 4, right? Your sig says you live in Chicago, which suggests he'll sort out his English eventually no...
Quote: Originally Posted by Plummeting I have heard two different men say what I personally consider to be unpleasant things about their wives giving birth. One said it smelled disgusting and he didn't ever want to be involved in anything like that again. Another one was talking about how it looked to see the baby coming out, but the way he described it was ... like a giant cave yawning open. Exactly. The first time I ever saw a woman give...
Quote: Originally Posted by objet_trouve I was mostly concerned in the first place because it seemed like she didn't even want me looking into it. I agree, that is really concerning and I think you are right to have your guard up. The best thing you can do is approach this in an informed way. I don't know if I would jump to switch shrinks yet if you have previously been happy with this one though. It's always easier to work with someone who...
Quote: Originally Posted by objet_trouve But my biggest concern was her wording. I was concerned over statements like "no matter what anyone tells you, breastfeeding doesn't have any benefit that would outweigh the benefits of psychiatric medicine", and "you don't have to look it up, there's no other way for you to do this except bottle feeding". Telling me not to look it up, and telling me not to listen to anything anyone else tells me (which, I have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Megan73 I've heard both here - women who have the same problem with subsequent babies and those who don't. I think a lot of it has to do with the reasons for the low supply in the first place. If it's a baby-side problem then the next time around could be completely different. If it's a mama-side problem, then it depends on the problem. Eg if it is low thyroid or anemia and that's been fixed, then there's no...
Thanks for the input. Bumping because I'm curious to hear from more people. Also would like to know if anybody's noticed that anything they do in terms of diet, pumping/nursing schedule, or whatnot has changed the fat content of their milk.
Quote: Originally Posted by groovyem Mine changed too. I also notice with mine it seems to separate more the longer it's in the fridge. I have mine in a little row and you can tell by looking what's been in there for 1 day versus 3. Same here. By the end of day 1 there's a layer of cream at the top but the rest of the milk still looks opaque and homogeneous. After 2 or 3 days in the fridge the bottom half of the bottle looks thin and...