or Connect

Posts by Katwoman

Maybe he is being honest.  Perhaps he's not unhappy.  Some people can dream but don't really want to do things.  Dream is different than going out and doing it.  If he's not interested in doing those things, is a home body, and like your relationship the way it is.  Then he's not unhappy.   I do think a person can grow without the partner growing.  As long as they are trying to grow themselves and their partner isn't actively trying to stop their growth.  I do not...
You don't.    My brother is a meth user.  Meth changes their brains.  Actually changes their brain.  It also damages the part of the brain that experiences joy.  So they have to seek larger and larger stimulus to gain excitement.  That's why their behavior escalates, they need it to be happy.  Unfortunately, it can only escalate so far in appropriate areas, then it has to wander into the illegal/inappropriate areas.   It's sad, but true.  You can't do anything...
  My DD1 has been diagnosed with SPD.  I've been doing a ton of reading.  According to "Out of Synch Child has Fun" sucking is a way to sort sensory information into it's proper order.  (I wasn't sure if you'd heard that.  My DD sucks her fingers when she's overwhelmed.....)
It's true, you really can't "win".  There are parents that are sad that more people aren't friendly and helpful during times of being situationally overwhelmed.  Other parents don't want other people coming near their family no matter how many groceries are falling out of their hands, while the kids pull on your leg and they've dropped their car keys down the sewer grate.    It's hard to want to help and just not knowing what the response will be.   For the...
I too think you have redeemed yourself and that you are the one being hard on yourself.  It was after all an accident.  Yes, you were rough when you shouldn't have been.  But if you look at it honestly, I think you can say, your intention was never to break her arm.    When my brother wasn't even two yet - I was a teenager - I was swinging him over the dog by one arm.  I broke his arm as well.  I think I had his wrist so I wouldn't drop him and it snapped.  It's HARD...
I know my SPD DD "dribbled" until she was 6.  She simply could not feel her bladder getting full.  It was kind of a struggle because there were tests, medicine, frustrated Daddy.  Eventually, when she got old enough to develop a habit.  We stayed home for a month and went potty every hour on the hour.  Whether she needed to our not.  Our intention was to create a habit of going potty.  But I also think it helped her be more in tune with her body signals.  (We had tried...
Currently, I believe this is the hardest part of being a parent of a special needs child.  My DD is 7 and all her friends are entering the "tween" stage.  (I hate that label.  But really, it's true - who is the best friend in crowd, who likes which boy, whose Mommy does what.  It's weird and it happened pretty suddenly.)  So because my DD isn't into that - and not really up to the same level physically as her friends, the gulf between her and her friends is widening...
I believe you're right.  She's already planning, where to hang it, how often she'll be in it, who will come and visit her while she's in there.  It's nice to see some optimism in her voice right now.    I just didn't realize how hard OT was going to be for her.   Does your DD really like hers?  Does she use it for stress?  (I'm not trying to be nosy.  With your DD being close to my DD's age.  I was just curious how things are going for others.)  
The good news is my daughter is only 40 lbs, so weight cutoff won't be a problem for a while.  :D   Beachcomber, thank you for the feedback!  I feel better having someone that owns give their experience with it.  We did decide to go with the $78 model.  She so excited.  She has a plan for sitting in it already. 
That is a very good point.  Thank you for the perspective.    I just have this feeling there is a reason for such a price difference.  But I feel like this won't be the last item we'll purchase to make things easier for her.  So I don't want to buy the more expensive one without thinking it through .....