or Connect

Posts by Kim B Lynn

Hello!   I've been using FAM for almost 6 years now. It's worked fabulously for us. We didn't get pregnant for 2 years when we didn't want to. Then when we were ready for baby #1 we got pregnant that month. We used LAM afterward and avoided pregnancy with ease until we were ready for our second child. We got pregnant with her within 2 months of trying, and she was born a few months ago.....   ....but NOW, I'm trying to resume LAM and can't because my BIP (Base...
Hello,   I'm interested in transitioning over to a more plant-based diet, but not entirely vegetarian or vegan. (I guess I've heard it called flexitarian....) I'm not really a purist, but I do want to cut my meat back drastically, to once every week or so. (I've been a pretty big carnivore up til now...eating meat every night for dinner.) My motivations are based mostly on health. I want to reduce my risk for cancer and heart disease, and feel like eating meat is a...
Thanks for that link. We decided to do the MMR since measles has been making the rounds in Quebec and Europe and since it'll be a busy airport w/ potentially lots of foreigners. Also DH found a website that said something about Mumps up in Canada although I think it was a different province. Still, I feel at peace with my decision. More than I expected to, for which I am grateful. 
Is there a significant risk in giving a family member of a pregnant woman a live vaccine? Specifically the MMR? I know pregnant women should not have it themselves, but wonder if it's possible for it to shed from another family member?
Is there a significant risk in giving a family member of a pregnant woman a live vaccine? Specifically the MMR? I know pregnant women should not have it themselves, but wonder if it's possible for it to shed from another family member?
Also, my son has a peanut allergy. I've been browsing the net trying to figure out what I should and shouldn't get and I read something about vaccines and allergies....can anyone elaborate for me? I'm feeling really under-prepared for this, but the trip came up on us quite suddenly as a bonus from my DH's work....I always figured I'd study up on vaccines "later" and now I have no idea what I need to know.
Also, is there a certain brand/formula that I should ask for that is less harsh/toxic than the regular ones?
Hey Folks!   My DS will be two this month, and we've not vaccinated him at all so far. However, we will be traveling to Montreal Canada, and feel like we should at least get some basics down since we'll be spending time in international airports. My question is this: Which vaccines should I make sure to get, and which are less than necessary?   If it'll help you in your advice, our feelings on vaccines are that if stay at home and don't do daycare or anything...
Thanks for those ideas. I've heard of Bach flower essences, but wasn't sure exactly what to do with them. I'll have to go get some! I've been watching myself more closely and realizing that eating helps relieve the anger as well. I'm wondering if it might be a blood sugar issue too? Or if it's an emotional attachment to comfort food or something?
I've never really been an angry person. But these last few days I feel like something's wrong with me. I want to scream and yell at my son. I want him to leave me alone and sometimes I want to beat him. This scares the hell out of me. I have no idea where all these strong angry violent emotions are coming from but I want to get rid of them. I haven't hurt him, but I have yelled once or twice. I don't know why I feel this way because he's not doing anything bad....