or Connect

Posts by Elismama

There is an excellent online video of turning the heel here: http://www.knittingatknoon.com/demos.html Just watching someone else do what seemed odd to me helped me gain confidence! have fun wearing those socks, jeanie
Couldn't resist this thread. All of your projects are inspiring. 1. Half way done with Under the Hoodie from SNB, using Cascade 220- I love this pattern, it comes together so nicely. 2. Magic Stripes socks for my MIL 3. Mittens using some wonderfully luxurious hand-dyed yarn from WEBs 4. Bulky mittens in Lopi for a friend Those are on the needles, I have yarn for the SNB cardigan, socks socks and more socks, and a bag on hand for when my needles are free....
Your wine cozy is way better than my wine cozy! Nice work, wasn't it fun? I'm off to knit womb next for a newly pregnant friend.
Hi there, I made my own dpns from hardware store dowels. I took my needle gauge to the store, found dowels that fit what I needed. One dowel will make 5-6 needles. Cut them or break them to the appropriate size and put each end in a pencil sharpener. Then sand really well and rub with mineral oil. A set of wooden needles that work great for under $1. happy knitting!
until I got an email notice about it. We have been remodeling like crazy over the last year. The kitchen/dining rooom/sitting room is nearly finished- just a few bits of trim left to put up. We opened up the entire space, put in a smaller but much more organized pantry, layed hard wood floors, drywalled, insulated, and put up a new ceiling. It took us about a year to do all of this, with breaks when we were overworked. Some things that worked well: - we...
These lists are helpful, I especially like hearing about the ones you have read. thanks again, jeanie
My Eli has been talking about death a lot- asking questions, talking about a dead pet, and crying about how he doesn't want to die. We have been having long conversations about it, but I'm wondering if there are any good picture books or short chapter books that deal with this in a positive way. Any ideas? The whole issue of death came up in a chapter book where a pet died, but this seems to be a really effective way for him to explore feelings. thanks, jeanie
Eating Well: www.eatingwell.com
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Geofizz- congratulations on your strong finish! I am finally recuperated from my race- my joints were pretty soar yesterday- especially my hips. I'm ready to run today. Goals for the week: 3 days/ 5-6 miles per day 2 days on my bicycle (1 hour or so of riding) daily walk with Eli and dog Missbliss- trail racing is fun- I love running on an old railbed trail near my house- its shaded and the surface is soft. But the...
This is one of our favorite recipes- I've been making it for 5 years: Eggplant Almond Enchiladas http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/...enchiladas.php It freezes well for a great quick meal. And I personalize it, using a quick enchilada sauce instead of the one in the recipe (Put 1 chopped onion, 1 can tomatoes, 1 chopped red pepper, cilantro, garlic, cumin in blender and blend til smooth. Add 1 tbl olive oil and heat in saucepan for 20 minutes). Or I add spinach...