or Connect

Posts by allgirls

My grandson was born 19 hours ago....we had a natural birth with midwives and my daughter is very patient, feeling great and well rested. Little Dante nursed before we left the hospital. And has nursed for a total of 15 minutes once and 5 minutes. He CAN latch...he CAN suck...he is just completely unmotivated to do so. I've never had a baby like this. He was awake for 3 hours after birth...then awake another 3 hours after...then last night pretty much slept...
She is at 8-10 minutes apart now..no let up...she still doesn't believe it...lol...I'm going in shortly. I'll update asap.
My daughter is almost in labour She's had contractions stop and start for past week and a half..she is 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, has lost her mucous plug..yesterday...had a bunch of contractions but nothing seems to stick and get active. She's very frustrated..wants suggestions. Ones that she can't do...sex...hubby has a yeast infection...other than that she's open to just about anything. She's walking a lot. She has no access to herbs right now. She...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride What an absolute pile of nonsense. That makes a cute sounding slogan, and carries some truth, with respect to the importance of attitude, but it's a gross oversimplification, and is competely untrue, in many cases. That's fairly self-evident. (From personal experience, I can also state that if you're attached to the idea that you want something, and attached to the idea that you can have it, but you can't,...
whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, you're right. I am thinking, that when applying this kind of philosophy, it is wise to apply it to things that are realistic. While stated as an absolute, the context that most of this type of advice is given in, is in the goal of fulfillment and self actualisation. And in creating happiness in your life. If you attach to the idea that you will never have/be able to do etc. and you are also attached...
Quote: Originally Posted by midnightwriter Cool! Thanks! So it would remain on the surface of a boat, like gunk? Oh God yeah, and it's a significant amount too...it goes flying through the air. It will stain too and it stings on your skin. When we would go they would be in a huge school and they'd stick on the boat and lines and your rubber gloves..crazy but fun! My friend and I made a lot of money doing that one summer..we would row in...
Well I know that's possible with squid because I've been squid jigging(I'm from Atlantic Canada) and they stick on and climb and squirt massive amounts of very stingy ink...octopus are similar...but I've never even seen an octopus...maybe it was even really a squid..if you didn't know squid you would think it was a small octopus.
Quote: Originally Posted by _ktg_ I needed to see this today Thank you! You're welcome!
then rock the boat. And be at peace with that choice.
Gosh it's been a while. I had to cut back on some stuff to concentrate on actual writing. My novel is being released in 25 days and I've had some other work published. I even put of the next novel to finish up some other smaller but paying writing jobs. I've learned this goes in cycles. Write for a few weeks, submit and edit for a few weeks and I've learned not to panic over time lines..I always go back to writing. I have a book signing for my novel in my...