or Connect

Posts by allgirls

For me, there is a constant battle between hating dirt/clutter/mess and cleaning...usually, after a while, the cleaning wins out. So I invested in an iPod listen to books on tape or podcasts while I tidy and clean every day because I want my kids to have a happy attitude to work..I listened to my mother moan and groan about all the work she had and who wants to do that. So I've made it more enjoyable There is no disorder, there is no psychological secret..there...
I think if I reunited with the ex..THAT would be the disaster
Congratulations!
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy Why does he want to find someone whose name he doesn't know? IMO it sounds odd. Yes. I agree
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 Just like in the US, people in Canada can go *outside* of their insurance at any time. In the US, if your insurance only covers certain things (like a hospital birth) you can choose to pay out of pocket for other things (like a home birth). In Canada if you don't want to wait a certain amount of time for a non-emergent proceedure, you can always choose to pay for faster service. If you want tests that have...
Quote: Originally Posted by midnightwriter I keep thinking, Hm... flash fiction society...or like a club or a group. Maybe it could work... I think you should go for it! My friend in Florida attends a similar thing...start a website/blog, we have a local yahoo group I tapped into, go on to writing forums like Nanowrimo etc, and check out the local/regional groups and invite them to join...just do it... I would so join if I were nearby! ...
I do readings at local seniors residences for free and they buy my book. I teach, enrollment was small, 3 students but fun. I sort of collaborate unofficially with the local libraries and their poets in residence. I haven't updated the site in a while..the library has been at a stand still, the main guy has been away. So far the website has been all about me and I stopped posting because that was not the intent...but until the library has some stuff happening there is...
Just popped back from my 25 worder...they are dead on...lol..but I do have to laugh at the last one...too much show, not enough tell..seriously? Is there such a thing? Guess I listened to my editor a little too much...haha!! I cannot wait to show her this. She was all Show dont tell all over my manuscript...and I had to rewrite so much to do just that....As to the title..she does not like it...I will live. I would never do it but... If they had this again it would...
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Did anyone enter? I wasn't sure if the manuscript had to be completed or not, so I held off. No I dont think it had to be completed..please excuse my typos..my punctuation keys are wonky.
I havenèt been back to check..I entered the first line of my prologue instead of my first chapter by mistake. Huge difference. I commented on a bunch of the first ones. I might pop over there. I figured I was too biased to comment on Mommy Hawks because I am fascinated by her story anyway. It would be too glaringly favouritism...or perhaps I should...either way, it gets published I will buy it I had an email from the publisher today. They are working on the cover...