or Connect

Posts by allgirls

I started my next novel. This writing thing is addictive. I have had the story idea for a while and now is the time! I wrote 2000 words. It is a completely different genre and I will have to start the whole finding a publisher thing over. That 25 word thing...I thought wow, cool I think I will enter. Then today I sat down and read some first 25 words of some of my favourite books. It made me think. I can do better than I have been. They are the first lines closes...
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace In getting my OpenOffice set up for a spreadsheet, I found a great template on openoffice.org that I'm going to try because it is free. http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/1577 Also: allgirls, I saw this free software and thought of you since you mentioned you're writing a screenplay in April - http://celtx.com/screens.html Thanks! I'll look into it! I need something for sure That's...
Ok...so I had it right the first time...I was second guessing myself...I had were...was going to email to say "was" but it really is "were" and it makes perfect sense...I knew what felt right when I wrote it but then I started thinking(I really shouldn't do that )...which is why she didn't change it.... it's because I can't let the darned thing go...it's really hard to see a manuscript with no red marks
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Was. One thing I do in these cases is replace the word with a proper name. So in this case, if we have 'the place' = 'California' California was holy. vs. California were holy. Does that help? Ok thanks...all the back and forths and it was "were" and neither of us caught it...I just read it and went "crap" so I'll drop her a line but I'm sure she'll catch it...she's down to the details...
I started my next novel I have a question...which is correct? Chris settled on the plush gold settee and looked around, taking in her surroundings. There was no noise, though it wasn’t silent. There was a low buzz instead, that somehow felt hushed and reverent as though the place was holy. Chris settled on the plush gold settee and looked around, taking in her surroundings. There was no noise, though it wasn’t silent. There was a low buzz instead, that...
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace HEY! Currently active on Twitter is a chat about Social Media for Writers. How timely! Women's National Book Association, Inc: Book Marketing Online 2010 You can follow it here: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23wnba318 or here: http://tweetchat.com/room/wnba318 was sure I responded to this! I missed it but thanks! That was timely! What did they say?
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Oh books that I just have to hold in my hands I purchase and keep. But I have a good 100+ books in my Kindle now. I love being able to carry that many with me wherever I go. When I first got it from DH last year I went into a buying frenzy. I loved my new toy! lol I have since learned to slow down. I think I like them because of my geekdom. I am always asking "Why?" and "Is there evidence that supports/proves...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyHawk this is great! thanks! although, I think all the time I spend online - writer's forums, my blog, facebook, twitter - takes away precious time to devote to writing! That's why I usually don't join everything and anything and go MIA for weeks at a time. I just don't see how everyone has enough time to write AND do all this social networking, let alone take care of our momma duties . Can we petition for more hours in...
For the Fiction Writers! Have a short story to enter? I am entering the June Competition with a story I just wrote CONTESTS
Ok where were we? Oh..books..I go through stages too...I definitely read more in the summer...I love reading outside...but I still read daily... I think I read for a while..write for a while..but definitely my reading times get me in the writing groove. Oh..and I read differently now that I write..I'm much more likely to stop and go "Whoa, look what she did there" or "wow, didn't she just use the word Dazzle?" I'm not big into mystery..though I usually enjoy it if...