or Connect

Posts by allgirls

Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Oh cool!! What is the larger company name? Linkage? I'm interested to see what else they've published. ETA: I forgot my other question! Were you able to skip the whole agent part because you had published with them before? Agents are pretty much required here in the U.S. to print with major publishers. (partly why I follow so many on Twitter and read their blogs) No agents. Ever. Direct submission to...
I pm`d ya!
Quote: Originally Posted by Intuition midnightwriter, I took your suggestion and purchased that book, Stein On Writing. I also got copies of The Elements of Style, and On Writing by Stephen King, as recommended by the guy in the bookstore. While not a fan of Stephen King's books, I found that I really enjoyed this one. I am going to get into the others soon. It feels really good to be writing about all of this stuff. I think it's doing me a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by midnightwriter Oh, this is cool! I missed that your novel is going to be published! Congrats! Is it a new press? I can't find any info on it. It's not new(I don't think, you know I never asked lol) but it's a small division of a larger company. It's online, that's how I found it, well that's how I submitted, they do have a website. They have several different divisions. They published my poetry book as well. My...
I answered...Bill. Then I remembered Steven....and William.... I was born in the sixties...memory is shot....
Quote: Originally Posted by Intuition I'm going to join this thread, if you don't mind. I've had a few of you look over and edit some of my work, and you've given me the confidence to continue writing. Your advice was invaluable. Last night, I plugged in my headphones to iTunes, downloaded a program called Bean, and wrote about 2600 words. I am writing a story about my son's life, and how his special needs have affected every one of us. I don't know...
Here is the LINK again if anyone is interested
Oh...and you should keep word count to around 500 or less except for the last one...I asked and was told 500-1000 by someone from another study group who had more time on her hands to read...so...500 wds week basically
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace I know you can't share too much about the course, but can you give an example of a homework assignment and how much time each week it took? I'm wondering if I should add it to my plate or not. I can't tell you what the exact assignments are but I can give you some details. There is one assignment a week...some are shorter...some are longer...I spent no more than one hour per week on each assignment...
Who is signing up for the April Writers Village University free creative writing course? I'm signing up again...I found it really helped me stay in writer mode Carolyn