or Connect

Posts by ComplexOphelia

Hotpinkdoula, since this isn't the point of this thread, this will be my last reply.  Homebirth actually IS covered by many insurances (including my own).  You have to jump through hoops to get it, but most homebirth midwives know which hoops you have to jump through.  Of course, if you're using a DEM instead of CNM, you often have to pay out of pocket. I am absolutely a homebirth advocate, but the idea that hospitals are a lesser choice is incorrect and offensive, as is...
Thanks so much, everyone!     After laminaria Sunday night, Pitocin yesterday, Foley catheter this morning, and Pitocin through the day today, I'm about 3 cm and 70% effaced - so we've come home to wait a little bit longer!  I'm so incredibly glad to have found a doctor who said, "Hey, nothing doing.  Want to go home and we'll wait?"  So great that she is all about not forcing it and letting it happen.  I'm having a little bit of spotting, and I personally took three...
Brah, what a crazy thing to say!  I just had a "failed induction" - we just weren't ready, and I'm 39+4.  Since we didn't break my water, I got to come home so we can wait a little longer.   Glad you're making the decision that is right for you, Mama!
Sorry to thread hijack - don't women have more options now, because they can choose to birth at home or in a hospital?  I'm awfully glad to have the option of being at a hospital, personally, considering that I nearly died in midwifery care.  
We're doing some last minute packing and baking cookies for the nurses, and then headed down to the hospital to have laminaria cones inserted to work on gently dilating my cervix overnight tonight and starting very low Pitocin in the morning!  We may meet him Monday or Tuesday!  Eeeek!  I am so excited and nervous and can't believe this is actually happening - I'm actually here, at FULL TERM, and having a VBAC!  Yayyyy!   Last night I slipped on some ice and fell,...
I have been obsessively loading our DDC for this update!  Welcome, welcome, welcome Popcorn - you picked such a great Mama!  Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story!!
I love Hoot Hoot Baby (www.hoothootbaby.com)!  We're using the one-sizes, and they are cute, soft, and super-absorbent.  Can't ask for much more!  I also love supporting a WAHM.   Oh, and her wipes are excellent, too!
Hi, everyone!   Short history on me: In my first pregnancy I planned a homebirth.  I developed very severe pre-e (BP 210/190, proteinuria around 6000) in week 27, my son was born via cesarean on day 1 of week 28, and thank god he was!  He's now a happy, healthy two year old, and I feel not one iota of regret about my cesarean.  It was absolutely necessary and lifesaving, and I am so grateful that we have the ability to do it!   Fast forward to now: I'm 39 weeks...
After a lot of consultation, I'm actually having pit induction on Monday after laminaria cones Sunday night to help dilate my cervix.  However, I'm having a very, very low dose of Pitocin, spread over a couple of days.  No one's expecting me to have a baby on Monday.  The slow build of oxytocin mimics what my body would do naturally.  Once we've established a good labor pattern, the Pitocin is being turned off and my body's going on its own.   My MFM, who's very...
So excited for you!  Wishing you a peaceful, happy birthing and sending LOTS of easy labor vibes - open on up, cervix (I like to imagine a rose blossoming)!