or Connect

Posts by ComplexOphelia

Don't have a babe yet (come on, baby, you and Elliott had the same due date!!), but crashing this discussion to say that disposable nursing pads gave me a rash, too, and blocked ducts as well.  I found these and they were amazing for absorbing my oversupply, although not great to wear in public if you're in a t-shirt and worried about the circle showing (I wore a lined/padded bra to help with that, because I couldn't go anywhere without them!):...
Sending lots, lots, LOTS of love and ELV your way!!  I'm so excited for Popcorn to join us Earthside!
Low-dose pitocin is the only thing we've talked about, although the Foley cath. has come up with another doctor - but, honestly, I'm terrified of the Foley.  I think the plan is to use the pitocin just to ripen my cervix enough that we can do an amniotomy, then stopping the pit and letting the labor progress on its own.   I've developed PUPP, so as I was lying awake last night trying to stop myself from itching, I was thinking about all of this and my fears.  I think...
Thanks so much for the love, everyone!   Some of my initial excitement has subsided and I'm feeling nervous about VBAC with any synthetic oxytocin at all.  Of course it's the weekend, so I can't talk to my doctor about it until Monday, but my BFF/doula is coming down tomorrow.  We'll be able to talk through everything so I'll have a more comprehensive list of questions to ask my doctor when I talk to her.     I know a lot of this is baggage - I've talked before...
Oh, Mama, huuuuge hugs.  I don't have PIH this time, but I'm chronic hypertensive, so my BP has been an issue this whole time, and it's just such a huge pain.   I can't read without saying that I would, at this point, call and ask for a 24-hour urine catch to be done, as well as a full blood work panel to check for pre-eclampsia.  With symptoms like this (not just BP, but being swollen, gaining weight quickly, and you generally not feeling well), it's probably a good...
...well, maybe.   So, my practice has three different doctors, all of whom I see for appointments depending on who's available.  At my last one, I saw a doctor who I love, and VBAC came up when I told her I was trying to get Little One to pick his own birthday before our scheduled cesarean.  She looked excited and said, "Oh, are we doing it naturally if you go into labor?" "Um, I didn't know that was an option.  I thought you didn't VBAC at all here." "Well...that...
So glad that you are informed and an advocate for yourself and your family, avoiding major surgery that isn't necessary right now.  I can't believe that your mw didn't advocate careful monitoring at this point, rather than an immediate cesarean!  Potential pre-e is obviously nothing to mess around with, but it sounds like in your situation there's no danger in close, very watchful waiting.  I'm sure you guys are planning on keeping a close eye on things now, and I know...
Smeep, just so you know, the Brewer diet is completely ineffective with regards to pre-e (the biological mechanism he says causes pre-e - which he calls "toxemia" - has been disproven).  Anecdotally, I personally can attest to it not doing any good, and possibly being harmful - after following it religiously with DS, I developed some of the worst pre-e anyone had seen.  Suggesting that there's anything anyone can do about pre-e implies that it's the woman's fault she...
Honestly, I am still really enjoying this special time with little one - but I am also soooo sick of being on pre-e watch, doing my blood pressure twice a day, driving an hour and a half both ways to my OB's office weekly, and all the other crap that that comes with high-risk pregnancy.  I'm also really scared of the cesarean that I am likely having at the end of this, and so I am ready to get that over and done with and have my baby safely here in my arms!...
Baby boy has had a growth spurt, and so has my belly - after getting all of two stretch marks on my hips through this whole pregnancy, I've now got MAJOR ones on the bottom of my stomach, and they itch.  All.  The. Time.  They're bad enough that they keep me awake.    I've got a million lotions and potions in my house, and I've tried all of them.  CJ's BUTTer, straight coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, you name it.  No real help.  Yesterday I went to the co-op,...