or Connect

Posts by ComplexOphelia

I think the ones at Hoot Hoot Baby are super-cute, but they're bamboo, not cotton.  They're not made to be absorbent, but if you're not concerned about absorbency, maybe they'd work.  I've never tried them, so I can't vouch for them, but I love the Hoot Hoot Baby diapers that we have and intend on using her training pants whenever we start working on potty learning (probably this summer)!
So I hit the 36 week mark yesterday, which I genuinely didn't think I'd get to, and I'm thrilled.  However, I've also weaned off of Zoloft, which was really helping me to stay reasonable and deal with anxiety.  I also have PTSD after my DS's birth at 28 weeks and subsequent NICU stay (at one point, he received an overdose of medication that we were told could be fatal, which, thank God, it wasn't).    Now that we're 36 weeks, my concerns about pre-e recurring have...
I should have thought more before I replied, because of course I HATE the judgmental attitude that I'm getting from the people I love about having an elective repeat cesarean, and I can tell that they don't think I'm doing the right thing even though they haven't said anything out loud.  Their attitude is clearly that I've failed and that this is something to be upset about, when I don't regard it that way entirely.  Yes, I'm sad about having this kind of birth, because...
Don't know if anyone cares about having a brand-new one - I'm looking into the bamboo BB on Ebay, and they're selling for about 1/3 of the price.  Just don't bid on it if "ewert2ofj" is winning .     I'm asking my doctor at my next appointment when I'd be able to start wearing it after our birth, since it will be a cesarean unless I manage to go into labor on a weekday at 9 a.m. and have the baby out by 3 p.m.  I'm planning on having a couple so that I can have one...
We never had any issues using it with DS, but now I'm nervous to use it without the repair kit.  We did email and call at the time of the recall and didn't hear anything, so I'll try again now.  I'd love to not have to buy a new co-sleeper, and we loved using the Amby!   
This looks like it would be GREAT for post-cesarean support!  And I can totally see myself receiving visitors in those pants, which look amazingly comfortable and also sexy.  I bet DH would love for me to have some pants that look remotely good to wear at the moment ...
We still have an Amby, but they never sent us the repair kit after it was recalled!  Now we're looking for a new co-sleeper, which totally stinks.  
Oh, and, I agree - talk about how lovely your homebirth is!  Also, if you can get her to watch Business of Being Born, it'd probably be really helpful for any future pregnancies - even better if you can get her to watch it before she is induced!
I totally hear you.  It's doubly frustrating for me, because I'm high risk, and so it is just infuriating seeing people throw away low-risk pregnancies and have these intervention filled births when I would LOVE to have a homebirth (or even a natural hospital birth!).  I guess it's just hard to see people not know how good they have it!   It's also annoying, because now I'm having an "elective" repeat cesarean since my practice doesn't do VBAC.  I feel like I get...
We actually never use our dryer to dry clothes unless it's a dire emergency (i.e., I have precisely two pairs of pants that fit me right now, had an appointment yesterday, and woke up to find that the cat had thrown up on the clean pair, so the dryer was an absolute godsend at that moment), but we like having it to fluff clothes that are already dry.  We just set it to no heat at all, toss a couple of wool dryer balls in, and let them soften the hang-dried clothes -...