or Connect

Posts by TheDivineMrsM

Has anyone birthed with either group? THoughts on the Brooklyn Birthing Center? I'm asking on behalf of a friend. 
Liked Mothering and Boba on FB!!
Babywearing is the best! My favorite part is when she falls asleep in her carrier. We both love the warm, safe feeling that comes from being so close together.
  Just make sure it's a VBAC-friendly hospital. I recently had a VBAC birth in a wonderful, supportive hospital, and I know that made the difference. Look up Csection and VBAC rates of hospitals to determine how supportive they really are.    FWIW, my recovery from my vaginal delivery has been much easier, in all ways, than recovery from my section. Everything from walking to breastfeeding is just better. 
My second daughter was born via successful VBAC on 11/19/12.    I put together a group that I called the "Dream Team." My DH was onboard from the beginning. My midwives and hospital had a high success rates for VBAC, I hired a doula that was the "VBAC Queen," found a chiro that specialized in pregnant women and was Webster trained, and an herbalist that made an amazing RRL tea. I would've started acupuncture too, but my baby was born the morning of my appointment...
My daughter, Arielle Hope, was born via successful VBAC on 11/19/12. She was 11 days early, but tied my older daughter in birth weight. My water broke about 23 hours before active labor started, but from first contraction to birth, it took 7 hours! It was amazing to be the first one to hold her. I spiked a fever in labor so she spent some time in the hospital NICU, but things have been great once we got home. She nurses like a pro and sleeps in three hour blocks, so I'm...
My daughter, Arielle Hope, was born via successful VBAC on 11/19/12. She was 11 days early, but tied my older daughter in birth weight. My water broke about 23 hours before active labor started, but from first contraction to birth, it took 7 hours! It was amazing to be the first one to hold her. I spiked a fever in labor so she spent some time in the hospital NICU, but things have been great once we got home. She nurses like a pro and sleeps in three hour blocks, so I'm...
Wow, congratulations!
Congrats! Have an easy recovery, mama!
That is an AMAZING VBAC story! Congratulations!