or Connect

Posts by guest9969

I'm trying to come up some new things to put into my children's lunchboxes. We usually send leftovers but sometimes we eat the whole meal and then my husband seems to fall into the 'sandwich' trap when he packs up lunches. So, any ideas on good eats for lunchboxes?
For me this question is almost like asking which child I love best. I have so many favorite baking cookbooks. One that really stands out is "In The Sweet Kitchen". Her recipes are amazing and she really does a great job of educating the home baker. I have made many things out of this book but I'm especially fond of her brownies and her florentines (cookies). Happy baking!
Quote: Originally Posted by spughy I adored the Two Fat Ladies when they were on, too. I totally forgot about this show - my husband used to watch this when we were dating. I loved that show. Must go TIVO to see if anyone shows reruns...
Mario Batali is pretty TF friendly but he drives me crazy. I can't stand his personality. I look at his recipes online sometimes but never watch his shows. I like the Gourmet Next Door a lot. Very TF friendly. And, I love The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). I'm really looking forward to Jaime Oliver's new show. I even like Ellie Krieger's show. I think its called "healthy appetite" or something like that. She does a lot with spices for flavor. She does...
Suddenly, we have bugs in our house. An occasional one doesn't bother me but I just seem to find them all the time lately and they show up in weird places (NOT my kitchen). I need ideas on how to rid myself of the following pests: Ants - although really, they are already dead. It is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. They seem to be coming in through our front wall under the baseboard and immediately dying. I have a 'pool' of dead ants every day when I get home. ...
... with dog owners! : Its looks nicer than my cosleeper! Doggie cosleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by TimeToShine I don't think just because a person has been divorced, that has to mean they don't know anything about marriage. They could have lots to say, about why thiers failed. It doesn't mean they are writing a book on how great they are at the marriage thing, or who wonderful theirs was ( even though it might have been at some point ) Well, I think it was the newly divorced part that surprised me. I wouldn't read...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia the Muse It's so weird about the circing and formula and junkfood, because her Web site is incredibly woo-woo -- it's rainbow and crystal and indigo children and old souls and cosmic consciousness. I have had this same thought. I wonder if her opinion on some of these things has changed since she wrote the book...
Quote: Originally Posted by Qestia Re the above article--note, buried deep: "Just 3.4 percent of the women studied had infections with one of the four HPV strains that the new vaccine protects against." Yeah but then it goes on to say, "it does not include those with past infections that have cleared up." As if those women whose infections cleared up are at risk. : I just think the whole article is incredibly misleading. The title is...
Could this article be any more manipulative?