or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

Has anyone with unvaccinated children adopted internationally?  (Specifically wondering about China).  Were you hassled at all about this?  Thank you
I have a child with tics too. He does not have Tourettes but could have been easily misdiagnosed were we not on the path we are on.Hell no I won't just love and accept my child having an autoimmune condition in which he is perpetually disturbed by his body not working like HE wants it to. I love him by treating his underlying MEDICAL issues so he can live a happy, healthy life, comfortable in his own skin. Tics aren't part of that equation at our house.Because we have...
No, tics are definitely not much more likely caused by genetic factors unless you mean to say genetic factors that cause one's immune system not to function properly and tics to develop as part of the autoimmune process. PANS is separate from PANDAS in that strep does not have to be present. My son goes into PANS flares from any bacterial or viral illness. Understanding of these autoimmune conditions is growing, and it is true that you do not need to have a very sudden...
This sounds very much like either PANDAS or PANS to me. We went through everything you're going through before figuring this out with my son. Biomedical treatments have been hugely positive for him and we are no longer dealing with the oppositional, OCD, crazy anxiety, quirkiness that we struggled with since he was a baby. I don't come on mdc much anymore, but feel free to pm me if you want additional resources. You do not need to meet 100% of criteria to get a...
ETA...your husband needs to stop trying to play psychotherapist. He stinks at it. Please don't listen to him. This poor woman needs support, not someone thinking she's making all this up just because your husband doesn't understand how the child welfare system works. You can inform him that in the county in which I worked, mothers abusing drugs were encouraged to at least find a safe caregiver for their children while doing so. When this is part of the safety plan...
I'm a social worker. I've never once seen an allegation of emotional abuse investigated. It is no surprise to me that her husband has not been reported to CPS by a therapist. Absolutely nothing would come of it. If they even took down her name and information from you, I'd be shocked. This is not to say that it isn't a serious and sad situation because it is. What do you expect or want to come of a call to CPS though? You can best support your friend and her child...
Wow mama, I am so sorry for all the pain you've endured. What a huge betrayal. I see you considering your children's needs first and I think that is great. From that perspective, do you want your children to grow up in a home in which their mother is torn apart (and rightly so) by anxiety, grief, betrayal, and continued disrespect? Your marriage is completely broken and there is absolutely no way to fix it because your husband is unwilling. Behavior is communication. ...
....spoiled, lazy, shallow, and a slob...? Sounds like her dad did an excellent job parenting her. I would say $200/year as a given and the rest she can earn doing chores, babysitting, birthdays, etc.
Sounds a lot like my son who as an autism spectrum diagnosis. Honestly, he doesn't fit into any box perfectly, but the ASD diagnosis works great because it means our insurance pays for him to see a great therapist. Personally, I'd be less concerned with the label for your son, and more concerned with what is going on to make him behave this way. What is his diet like? Simply pulling dairy from my son's diet made a massive difference in his mood. Other parents have seen...
No problem contactmaya. For me, I'd like to keep all the traits about my son that serve him well and alleviate the symptoms that cause him to be so uncomfortable in his own skin. To me, that doesn't mean I don't accept him. It means I want him to meet his full potential without being held back by his anxiety, OCD, apraxia, trouble sleeping, repetitive behaviors, etc.