or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

What an odd thread on MDC of all places. I see it is old, but wanted to add that people on another board I'm on have reported good things with DE. Others are using mimosa pudica successfully to treat parasites. Treating parasites is helping lots of people with food allergies/intolerances and not just in the ASD community. I'm firmly of the belief that autism is medical and I accept my son for exactly who he is. For him, autism means he is incredibly unhappy much of...
Have you looked at diet? In our home, allergies and intolerances are closely tied to sleep issues with my NT child as well as my child who is on the spectrum.
I'm short on time, but are you using a weighted blanket or just a heavy blanket? Other ideas are filling a large container with dry corn and letting her crawl in and cover herself. Also google how to make a Lycra therapy swing. This can "hug" your child and provide pressure and movement. How is her diet? Have you tried gfcf, feingold, anything? My son's sensory issues massively improved when we addressed diet.
I haven't ever put gluten, casein, or soy back in my sons diet, but I have put other problematic things in. It has always taken a while for things to clear. I'm sure you know this but gluten can take months to fully clear, so you may be waiting a while. I do really believe you will get back to where you were. Give it time and give yourself a break. You did what you needed to do. There are some good websites on doing gfcfsf on a budget. We are now doing the gaps...
My four year old has done similar things to my one year old as well. I would not be too worried. I came to realize early on that my older son could not be trusted for even one minute with my younger son but as he grows into the brother role, I am finding he does less and less of this. I wouldn't jump to the sociopath conclusion. Your son is still at the point where he's learning empathy and I know my four year old at least does some things to his little brother just...
I've worked in child welfare and I'm of the belief that it is very rare for kids to make stuff like this up. *Especially* with the level of detail you're describing combined with his behavior and the involvement of other children.
Report it! I'm struggling with how to say this gently, but you *need* to believe your son and why you're questioning his credibility is a little hard for me to understand. Please know that it is very damaging to children to be in an abusive (yes, I said it! *abusive*) situation and not be believed. As far as the other parents go, I would tell them. Wouldn't you want them to tell you?
Thank you Eloisa! I don't know too much about the BED diet but I haven't been on mdc because we started gaps Thursday night and it's been pretty rough and busy. By Saturday morning, ds had started to vomit. I'm pretty certain we had inadvertently given him too few carbs since the book harps on animal fat and products so much. It didn't really occur to me how many veggies you need to eat to equal the carbs in a bowl of oatmeal or rice. Once ds ate 6 apples, he felt a...
Thank you all so much for your replies. It is really interesting and helpful to hear how others have dealt with this and are dealing with it. I guess I have time to consider this and don't have to jump into telling anyone quite yet.
Is it just at school that she's obsessing about one type of work? If so, that is not unusual at all. My son has special needs and actually was just diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and he does this at school too. When discussing goals for him, someone said it would be nice for him to choose different activities to do during free choice time, but his teachers said it is totally normal for three and four year olds to choose one activity for much or even all of...