or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

Something like 97% of kids who start stuttering before 3.5 will spontaneously stop so it's not that surprising that your son did. Speak by Nourish Life has a TOTALLY unacceptable level of vitamin E and is nothing more than a money train for the people who a) published their own "research study and then b) formulated a supplement that matched their research.OP- fish oil is not a bad idea, but I would not use this brand. It has been linked to seizures due to the high...
Thanks for the info on fermenting! When you all make meat stock, do you scrape anything off the top? I used to scrape the "scum" off when I made soup but I don't even know what that nasty stuff is. Is it something we are supposed to be eating? You are all so positive about this diet and I wish I could be too but dealing with all these meat and fermentation issues are tripping me out. I need to get over it though because I'm 110% committed to doing this. Am I the only...
My son does a lot of artwork and I take a picture of maybe one thing a week (out of like 100). Everything else gets recycled. Throwing away your kid's artwork feels kind of bad but really, nobody can keep all that.
I'm curious how other parents of kids with ASDs handle sharing their child's diagnosis. My 4 year old was just finally diagnosed today, which was totally expected, yet still very hard. Part of why I wanted him evaluated again (last full eval at 25 months) was so I could better explain his behavior to teachers, etc. So, sharing with them is pretty much a given. Part of me feels like I should keep his personal info private from others but I am not sure. By nature, I am...
One way to slow things down is to play any sort of game where you're taking turns and slowly say something like "now it's my turn.". And then your child says the same for his turn and you do this back and forth while finishing the game. The slower pace can carry over (hopefully) once you finish the game. Hubby and I are naturally very fast talkers so I know how hard this is. We constantly remind each other, have a SLOW DOWN note on our fridge, etc.
Yes Aegis! That is the video I saw too! It is so amazing. I'm so happy to hear it is working well for your family. I'm sure in time I can get used to cooking weird animal parts if the outcome is that my little guy is happier. Thanks for replying .
Just wanted to add...universities often have programs where you pay very little (or nothing!) for a grad student to work with your child. My son sees a school therapist, private therapist, and we do this, and honestly, I am most comfortable with the grad student because she is being supervised (entire therapy session) and mentored by this woman who is so highly regarded and has published a ton on speech/fluency. I also then get to work with her too and hear her feedback.
My son has been in speech therapy for years and just recently started stuttering. He's seen by one of the leading speech clinicians in the country and even though she sees several risk factors with him, she's not terribly concerned as so many children outgrow this. Things that might make you more concerned are...family history of stuttering, onset after 3.5 years, being aware of/concerned he's doing it, tension in his face, blinking etc. What has been suggested to us is...
Why can't the OT who evaled him diagnose? Will insurance not accept that?
This is a long shot, but are you certain your behavioral health benefits are under the same insurance as your medical benefits? I only ask because I had a moment of complete panic a few weeks ago when I called BCBS to find out if my son would be covered if he gets an ASD diagnosis. They said no. I hung up, started freaking out, and then realized that fell under behavioral health and my husband's company has a different provider for that. Called and it's covered.Also,...