or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

Oh Bokonon thank you, seriously. That made my day . This diet stuff is tough, including gluten free. Been there too. I remember crying in the grocery store the first time I went shopping because I was so overwhelmed. Have you tried casein free too? When we pulled dairy, 95% of my son's sensory issues resolved. Eloisa--thank you too . Your story sounds so much like our story. We've done fail safe too (and feingold, feast without yeast, gfcf). I was really...
Well, I'm at it again.  Another new diet that I am hoping will help my four year old and this time it is GAPS.  I am just completely stuck on knowing that there is something related to food affecting his mood and behavior and am trying to figure out what it is exactly.  He had such a huge improvement in his behavior years ago from removing dairy and sunflower, that I just really think a large part of his issues are gut related.   Anyhow, I am just looking for some...
Thank you for letting me join!    Does anyone know if buying fermented veggies is as good as making them at home? At least to start?  Is Bubbies an okay brand?  I am really intimidated by the idea of making them myself because I've never eaten them before so I don't know how they're supposed to turn out.  In fact, I haven't even ever seen a fermented vegetable.    Also, is there a way to ferment without using Whey?  I'm reading the Gut and Psychology Syndrome...
I dont mean to hijack the thread but I'm very curious about the idea that orthotics don't change how the foot develops. My 4.5 year old has them (we had a$500 copay) and he hates them. I've given up making him wear them but feel so guilty because they have told me that if he wears them for a couple years, he won't need them anymore and they've said they will make his feet develop normally. Even his physical therapists who stand to make no money from us having these have...
Do you mamas mind if I join this thread? I was in the dec 2011 DDC but have a Nov 2011 baby and am wanting to start GAPS as soon as I can get my act together.
Subbing
Ha yes Lauren I think we are all ok . Smithie, thank you for your concern but I actually think everything went as well as it could have. Maybe I'm being cold or maybe it's that social worker in me that can emotionally keep my distance in these situations, but while it was sad for me to help walk them through this process and especially sad since this child is close in age to my own, I know that they are at peace with their decision and I know this child needed something...
What? I couldn't care less that a random person on the Internet whose judgement I've wondered about in the past doesn't approve of a situation that I think worked out beautifully.
Lol. Yes, thank you . And Smithie, I'm not upset. You make me chuckle seriously, but I have a bad habit of feeling the need to clarify when you make incorrect assumptions. I should give up with the clarifications though because I don't have all day to spend on this forum.
She didn't sign over guardianship until the family had been chosen and several weeks had passed. Involving her wasn't an afterthought. It was the intention from the minute the worker stepped foot in her home that day and something she asked for explicitly. She is not in your state by the way. Foster dad isn't being prosecuted which is insane. Also seems not to be the exception to the rule.