or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

I would try to get a lot more info before making a decision. Personally I would be a lot more okay with certain drug exposure than alcohol exposure. I knew of twins where one had FAS and the other did not, so the fact that your son's needs were mild does not mean this child is likely not to have more intense needs. If I were in your shoes, I'd be considering my own motivations a bit more closely. Are you feeling guilty about not accepting the match? Concerned you will...
Thank you livinglife. You're so right. I had a plan last time I was faced with this and I need to go back to that plan...systematically trying things until I figure out what works to make this better for him. I will send you a pm and update you as things unfold. Thanks for the offer .
Smithie. The agency only provided her with profiles of families capable of meeting her child's needs. They supervised multiple pre-placement visits. Mom doesn't have "ongoing issues" rather she lacks he capacity to provide the child with a safe environment in which to have his many needs met. Needs which in part were created by the system. I see this only as a win-win (with the caveat that of course there is huge loss due to the nature of adoption.). Mom wanted to...
Oh my goodness, that sucks but I would not worry. Ive worked in child welfare and they have way bigger things to do than worry about vaccines. We don't vax at all and I don't worry. What do you mean you were charged with medical neglect?? Do you just mean the ped called CPS on you? Are their vaccine exemptions in your state? I would not worry but if you can answer those questions I can give you better advice. As for your son, he is old enough to understand there can...
Smithie I'm dying to know what state you're in. I know you posted it before when you linked a story about your foster children in a news article. As far as the county reunifying--that was foolish on their part. However, there you go again making assumptions with the foster family thing. Foster dad sexually abused the child. THIS was part of why mom felt in over her head parenting. I won't go into details but not a lot of people would be successful parenting this...
Thank you again livinglife.  I appreciate the emotional support.  It really is a rollercoaster.  I do so firmly believe there is a dietary component for at least part of this because I have seen my son completely look like he was on the spectrum (and have a psychologist tell me so but didn't want to diagnose because he wasn't even 2), and then have an "overdiagnosing" developmental pediatrician evaluate him three months after the dietary changes and say no he was not on...
I am going to ignore all the judgements in your reply which were really unnecessary and just provide clarification. She worked hard to have her child placed back in her home. There were numerous (appropriate) conditions she had to meet related to her own mental health, substance abuse, parenting classes, etc. She had never parented any of her children however, and within a short amount of time realized she wanted to make an adoption plan. Her county had not closed out...
I've been wondering this too. Coordinating and networking shouldn't have to mean birth mothers losing control of their adoption plans and I cannot find where anyone suggested it either.
Livinglife you are the best . I cannot thank you enough. Did you work with a therapist on this? What sort of philosophy or technique did he/she suggest? I've been looking at ABa, floor time, etc and places that offer these services but was starting to get sick to my stomach worrying that some of the behavior plans that might be suggested may go against my personal parenting beliefs (AP mainly.). Your penny idea sounds like it might work and the explanation of why it...
Smithie, I said I'd let you have the last word and I'm going to but I just want to point out that your understanding of the system is flawed which I point out only because you're constantly claiming things that aren't true and I think it would be unfortunate for people to be misinformed.Just last week a family member of mine who had their child removed by CPS, had been reunified with the child after a couple years, parented the child for three weeks and with a still open...