or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

Thank you so much livinglife.  I really truly appreciate all of your help.  Can you tell me more about how you set things up to make them more consistent and routine for your son?  I feel like we already are doing this and it isn't helping but maybe I'm missing something.  There is just a huge piece of this that seems mood related.  He's melting down and tantruming again at absolutely everything...things that don't make sense and are completely irrational like "I don't...
Lol....I'm giving you the last word Smithie, mainly because I'm growing tired of watching myself type the same thing again and again. I mean that with absolutely no snark, seriously.
Thank you livinglife! Welcome to MDC three months late by the way. I'm happy you're here . To answer your question about school, our SLP is very nice but part of the problem. She thinks everything he does is typical even though it is not and she also has a "sink or swim" attitude about school which is against my personal parenting beliefs and I know it would be unsuccessful with him anyhow. On the other hand, his OT has suggested numerous strategies and supports for...
Ugh. Sounds like my son at that age. I would absolutely nightwean. It helped us immensely. You may lose sleep for a few days, but you will probably end up getting that all back and more quickly. I have had mastitis more times than I can count. I would eat entire boxes of peppermint altoids each time I cut a feeding which helped. You could try sage tea as well.
What are you talking about seriously? A birthmother's right to choose who she would like to facilitate her adoption plan has nothing to do with the fact that there are tons of waiting families in both state and private programs hoping to adopt newborns of any race. Also, social workers are underpaid period. I've worked in both the private and public sector myself as have a lot of my friends. I had a supervisor with her MSW and 20 years of experience working in private...
Straight up weird...
I'm sorry to be hijacking the entire SN board lately with a bunch of questions but you all are so helpful, so here I go again.... Two part question... First does this sound like autism spectrum to you? DS is 4.5 and has global delays, both motor and speech. His sleep sucks and always has. He has numerous intolerances and his ASD like behavior has dramatically improved since implementing dietary changes. He has had about four obsessions in his short life, each lasting...
[quot e name="Hippie Mama in MI" url="/community/t/1362474/he-showed-me-his-penis/20#post_17116242"]Disgusting. If it was my child I'd take it up with the little pervert's parents, the principal, the teacher and her supervisor if any (where was SHE when this happened?) and the parents of the other kids in the class. Make it public. Be loud. Get attention drawn to the pervert. Mention the words ABUSE, DISTURBED and POLICE. Do not leave any possibility that there can be a...
Thank you liinglife and askew. It's funny because I hear of all these schools with much lower ratios and smaller classes but I've spent hours searching for one here and have come up empty handed. I don't think they exist here. Im stuck trying to make this work for now but I'm probably going to pull him out if things don't improve soon.
I'd post this on the special needs forum