or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

To be clear, I mean that I would not pursue adoption if my reason was because newborns need homes (because they don't.)
Oh wow. That is so sad. All of it. I'm sitting with my son in his class at this very moment but I'm coming to the conclusion that this isn't going to work. It is really hard to have that pressure from everyone around telling you that you have to do this or that you're going to screw up you kid. I am really struggling with that and I don't have the added pressure of being in a different country and culture. Listen to your heart. Even if she settles in and her anxiety...
I don't want to burst your bubble but if you're adopting because "you'd love to provide a family for a baby who needs it", I'm sorry to tell you that having worked in adoptions for years, that I have never once been aware of a situation in which a newborn baby had any fewer than twenty potential adoptive families waiting to adopt him or her. That included newborns who were born to alcoholic and drug addicted mothers, significant special needs, etc. The need for families...
I really feel for you. I'm dealing with this right now with my 4.5 year old without a big move. Personally, I would pull her out. I would be extremely uncomfortable with the teachers saying things like "if you don't stop crying, your mom won't come get you.". If that is what is to be expected culturally, fine, but then I'd give her a year to mature a bit so that hopefully she isn't feeling so distressed. I'm planning on sitting in school with my son this week and seeing...
I'm very short on time but my four year old can be like this at times. We've said in the past we feared we were raising a sociopath as well. I'm sure we are not and I'm sure you're not either. I noticed you're doing a lot of punishments and rewards. It doesn't sound like they're working for her. When my son is that upset, that doesn't work for him either. We usually calmly tell him it looks like he's angry, frustrated, sad, whatever and if he's being physically...
Thank you so much KC! I was hoping to reply from my computer so I could quote and answer your questions but I never seem to have time to use anything but my phone. Anyhow, thanks for talking me down. That's great to hear about the change in your child between four and six! I think you're right about the ratios too. It does seem to be a bit much. He is receiving OT, PT, and speech services and definitely part of this is probably sensory. Oddly, he is a real sensory...
I have always tried to position myself in the room so that even without covering up, my boobs aren't super easy to see. Then if I'm with someone I think might feel uncomfortable catching a glimpse as baby latches on, I usually say "you might want to turn your head for a second while I latch him on!" I think the more you do it, the more comfortable everyone becomes with it. You can't totally fault people for being uncomfortable with it because society here seems to see...
I have a nine month old and I didn't give him a single solid until after 7 months. Our doctor Is young, up to date on current research and a huge breastfeeding advocate. She suggested we do baby led weaning and that's what we are doing. My son is doing great and he's never had cereal...yuck...no wonder your baby doesn't like it. I've never had a problem with telling my doctors whatever they wanted to hear when they're giving me silly advice.
OP--I have a kid with a severe milk allergy and yes your daughter is definitely having an allergic reaction and yes, it's a "contact allergy" but it is very likely a sign that she also has a life threatening or serious milk allergy that you need to be very careful about. Get an epipen right away.In terms of breastmilk, my kiddo was reacting mildly to dairy in my breastmilk but I didn't notice it until he had a severe reaction to actual milk. The protein from the milk is...
Hi again...I posted in your other thread but wanted to add that yahoo has an SCH group that is pretty active and may be more useful to you. Also, anecdotally, two other moms in my ddc had SCHs too. All of us ended up with healthy babies. I also had a friend with an SCH in real life who had a healthy baby. I've actually never known anyone with a negative outcome from it. I'd search google scholar for some studies with the actual statistics. That's what I did and it...