or Connect

Posts by APToddlerMama

We deal with blatant favoritism with my in-laws too and it really irritates me to see them spend SO much more on their daughters than on my husband. We've never gotten a dime of help even when we were in a situation (through no fault of our own) in which we could have realllly used the help of just a loan. And my in laws are loaded. But, in the end, I realize we have no right to anything from them and if they choose to spend their money a certain way, that is their...
I didn't say it was and I don't feel it was either. Addressing that comment specifically is much different from the tendency some parents have to automatically dismiss beauty whenever it is brought up and state all the other positive traits the child possesses.
I would not get upset or worried about this. Personally, I think that people who tend to have issues with their beauty have much more going on and the focus on it is just a symptom of the bigger issues. Your daughter is so young and while I would work with her on empathy and whatever issues are causing her to feel these other kids aren't stacking up to her, I'd treat her own assessment of it being about her looks as unimportant. Some people are more attractive than...
I realize this thread has died out, but I have to say OP that I'm happy you told the school. That sort of behavior can be normal up to a point, but at a certain point even if it is just a prank, it needs to be very seriously addressed. Also, at 8 or 9, it's getting to the stage where it also becomes a red flag for having been sexually abused. So, for this boy's well being as well as your dd, its good you told the school. It really is not something to take lightly for so...
DS is 4.5 and recently started preschool. He has hypotonia, fine and gross motor delays, speech delays, etc. No other diagnosis even though he's seen a neurologist, geneticist, developmental pediatrician, etc. He is having a *very* difficult time transitioning to school. The school is the best one I could find, I've heard nothing but good reviews, etc. It's a small class of 3 and 4 year olds...15 kids, two teachers and one parent helper (it's a co-op) each day. It's...
I really appreciate everyone's replies. It helps to hear lots of opinions because I know no two experiences are alike. I'm really struggling with the decision.
I had an SCH last year as well. I no longer have the research but long story short, your odds are VERY good if you're certain the cause of your bleeding is the SCH. Also, I read one study that basically said women who went on bed rest with the SCH had a much higher likelihood of continuing the pregnancy and there was actual evidence of this (unlike some other pregnancy complications in which bed rest is not proven to be effective.). Best of luck. Things turned out well...
I know this is going to come across as totally ignorant, but I'm hoping it doesn't come across as offensive. I have a 4.5 year old, and can't believe I'm saying this but I'm considering homeschooling him. Preschool has been challenging thus far, and I just have this feeling things may not get easier. DS is extremely sensitive, high needs, spirited, and quirky. I really hate the idea of sending him to school next year and having him in a classroom 35 hours a week...
My 4.5 year old is a horrible wiper. Luckily he never has an urge to poop in public unless we are out of town so school isn't an issue.
That is nuts. She hasn't earned anything. Your kid, your decision how to raise her and that includes who you refer to as Grandma. I would explicitly tell her that if she sends cards or gifts from "Grandma" that you'll have them "returned to sender.". Seriously. It's not even that the name is that big of a deal. What IS a big deal is that she's not respecting your boundaries. I wouldn't let her get away with it. Know this: when *you* are the mom, you don't have to...