or Connect

Posts by red and lulu

I'm fine. I ended up calling a friend whose husband is an ER dr-- he said that I was probably fine b/c I didn't lose consciousness, didn't have a headache, and was coherent and articulate when speaking. He said the nausea was probably nerves. And with a laugh reminded me that what happened to Natasha Richardson was actually quite rare.
Thanks for the awesome suggestions everyone. D_McG your comment was so right on! I never thought about it that way, but it really is the root of me and dd's current predicament: Because I've allowed nursing to be a blanket cure-all for us both, neither of us have other tools for dealing with the frustration and maybe even insecurity we're both experiencing. It felt good to nightwean- the establishment of a firm boundary was really necessary for me psychologically (I'm...
I don't know if my title even makes much sense... what I'm getting at is: My 20 mo is so obsessed with nursing she can't do anything — sleep, eat, play, sit in the car — without wanting to nurse every couple minutes. While I was so down with on-demand nursing when she was younger, now I find it intolerable. My boobs are literally scratched and bruised. She bites, kicks, pulls my hair. She's on me all. the. time. And if I say no, or ask her to wait she has a major...
I got wailed in the back of the head today at work — a metal bar swung down off a piece of equipment I was kneeling under. It caught me totally by surprise. I didn't lose consciousness, and other than feeling starry for a few seconds didn't experience any pain or anything. That was 3 hours ago... when I picked up dd my mom said my pupils were really small (they are, but they are both small) and I'm feeling a little nauseous. I don't have a headache or even a bump on the...
does this happen to anyone else's lo? can anyone think of why this would happen? literally 6 out of 7 days a week, when my daughter (20 mo) wakes up from her nap she is in a miserable mood — clingy, fussy, totally difficult. she'll be in a fantastic mood before nap, and then bam! she wakes up a train wreck and it lasts until bedtime. Isn't the nap supposed to be restorative?! 
Thank you all for your recommendations and concern! She's been fever free since late yesterday afternoon. I guess the antibiotics finally kicked in. I was getting worried! When I called the dr back she recommended piggy-backing motrin and tylenol and I was not feeling comfortable with that, so luckily it went away!
Thank you both for your replies. When the fever goes down (after I've given her ibuprofen) she seems normal, though still clingy. That being said, she hasn't been below 101 since Friday. We'll see how she is tomorrow, she feels cooler now and is sleeping peacefully.
DD has been consistently running temps b/n 102-104+ since Sat. morning. Today I took her to her dr who said that her glands are really swollen but that she can't pinpoint exactly what's causing it. they gave her a ginormous dose of ibuprofen (they agree that it's best to let fevers burn, but said when she's been this hot for this long you should use a fever reducer) and prescribed amoxicillin, plus some pulsatilla for her panic and insane clinginess (she strongly rejects...
Xp and i have been living this way, as roommates, for many months. He is moving out in about 2 months though. When this arrangement seems to be working (ie. we're not fighting) we've entertained continuing on like this until dd is older, but we have acknowledged that we can't really move on emotionally while we're doing this, and we'll run the risk of turning a fairly amicable situation into an animus one.   Some of the ways that it works/is good:   While a lot...
I used to be a runner. And then I was an occassional runner. And then I stopped, because I got into other things. I've wanted to get back into it, and so my brother signed me up for a race in May. I went out one day and did 2 gentle miles, and felt fine. So the next day I did the same. The following day when I tried to walk down stairs I almost cried my tailbone hurt so bad. I took that day off and tried to go back out the next day but it was excruciating. It literally...